𝟚𝟘

"Jay?" Ella looked up as she rested against jays chest

"Hm" jay grumbled.

"Are you awake?" She whispered.

"Hm" he grumbled again. 

"Wake up..." she flopped her face against the middle of his chest.

"I'm awake" jay smiled with his eyes closed, placing his hand in Ella's hair.

"It's Christmas" she looked up at him. 

He smiled and finally opened his eyes, he could get used to waking up like this every morning...

"C'monnnnnn" she climbed out of bed.

He smiled and rolled back over to carry on sleeping, it's only 8am...

"You're such a grinch, I'm going to prep dinner" Ella smiled as she left the bedroom, she still has dinner to make even if jay wasn't going to wake up.

The kitchen was crispy cold, and it was only now that Ella regretted not changing into warmer clothes before coming out of her bedroom.  But she knew jay was still sleeping, waking him up was something she didn't want, a grumpy and tired jay should be avoided at all costs.

-

At around 8:15am, jay found himself changing into a pair of jeans and a t shirt, when he heard the clattering of pots and pans in the kitchen.

"You good?" He called out.

No response.

"El?" He threw his PJ's into the washing basket.

No response.

"El, you good?" He wandered into the main area of the apartment.

No response.

"Ella" he strolled into the kitchen, only for his heart to drop.

"Hands behind your back, or she gets it" a masked man nudged the barrel of a gun further against Ella's temple.

Ella stared at jay blankly as the man held his spare hand over her mouth.

"Do you want me to shoot her?! Hands behind your back" the man yelled as jay froze.

Jays eyes remained focused on Ella's as he knelt down and placed his hands behind his back.