-AU Explanation-

Before we start I would like to mention that I am demisexual and have never written something like this before. It's one thing to read it, but a whole other thing to write it and it gives me a huge amount of respect to the people who are able to for people's enjoyment. With that being said, I'll try my best, and there will probably be some spicy scenes but I don't know if I’ll be able to write full on nsfw. If I do end up doing so, I'll make sure to come back here and edit this as well as adding warnings at the beginning of chapters or scenes. Now onto the explanation! :)

Alphas are generally more dominant and able to impregnate Omegas and Betas. In some stories females are also able to do so by either temporarily, when needed, growing a penis, or permanently growing one when their second gender is assigned. They also have something known as a rut where they have a large urge to “do something” to an omega. It puts them in bad moods a lot of the time as well. Alphas are usually bigger size wise, with a taller stature and more muscle. They are also not able to get pregnant.

Betas are what most would consider to have the most “normal” anatomy. They are able to impregnate and get pregnant but the males are much more likely to have a misscairage out of the three. They seem to be about average sized and are usually the peacekeepers between the Alphas and Omegas.

Omegas are able to get pregnant, male or female, and have something known as heats. During these heats they get desperate for “attention”. It lasts about a week and during it they let out a large amount of their scent that attracts Alphas and sometimes Betas. In lots of stories male Omegas are rarer than female omegas, but in general Omegas are smaller than Alphas and Betas.

Scent comes from glands in their necks and each one is different. Alphas will generally have stronger, more potent scents, like cinnamon or smoke, whereas Omegas have softer scents, like lavender or honey. Betas scents will usually be either strong like an Alphas or softer like an Omegas, with a few cases of it being in between with a scent like mint and lavender mixed together. Not only do scents help people decipher what their secondary gender is but also their mood and how their feeling, fear scent, anger scent ect.

Marking is done when an alpha bites the back of an Omegas or Betas neck, “claiming” them. Betas are also able to do this to other Betas and also Omegas. Omegas on the other hand are only able to be claimed and can not claim anyone. 

Extra information that you might need: by licking the back of an Omegas neck you can calm them down. (If I feel like I need to add anything else, chances are it will be here)

With all this being said, please enjoy the book!
-V2a