6| Keep Up

a/n  the lake bit was inspired by none other than miss slim thicc again

DREAM

I woke up the next morning tangled in a blanket. It was odd, I didn't remember putting one on.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, washing away the sleep. I reached for my mask and grabbed it. As I put it on, I noticed my vision was more obstructed, not as much light pouring in, yet I could still see. Once again, I took the mask off and stared at it. It was fixed. The patch that had been blown off by the wither was completely fixed and painted. Vienna must have fixed it.

While stretching, I noticed the house was unusually silent.

"Vienna?" I called out, not getting any response. I figured she was out hunting again. So with that, I walked outside and past the stables, down the lake.

I smelled, no, reeked. Not a real shower in 6th months so this was the next best thing. I began to undress myself and threw my clothes by a nearby tree and then dipped a foot in once I was fully nude.

The water was gorgeous, almost transparent with sand and pebbles at the bottom and little minnows and other fish swimming around. The sun reflecting on the water made it glisten all across.

I shuddered into the water, taking a big inhale as I submerged myself under the water. I began to swim around, letting the cold water rinse me off. I swam my way to a small corner of the lake and began to take in my surroundings. There wasn't another house or people in sight.

"Get up." I heard a woman's voice and then a jab to the side of my ribs.

I blink my eyes open, looking up to see Vienna staring down at me, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Five more minutes." I groan, tossing over on my side to face away from her.

She stabs at my chest again. "No, we have training."

My brows pinch together as I toss back over to look at her. "What?"

"You need to get back on your game. So get up and get ready."

She walks away after that, leaving me alone in the living room.

I stretch my arms over my head, groaning again and my tight muscles go loose.

After standing up, I go to the bathroom and splash water over my face to wake me up, splashing the sleep out of my eyes.

I walk outside and see Vienna already setting up carved wooden swords. She looks up and stares across at me. "Let's go." She orders.

WILBUR

Tommy and Tubbo had burst into my room at 4 in the morning as the sirens went off. It gave me only seconds to spare to pretend to be asleep.

"What?" I groggily ask.

One of them flicked on the light, the horror in their face telling me that they knew.

"Dream escaped." Tommy sounded horrified, Tubbo was chewing at his fingernails, I didn't even notice Ranboo's tall figure behind them.

"What?" I asked again, trying my best to sound shocked.

"Dream's gone, Will. Everyone is down at the community house."

I pulled the covers over me and got out of bed. We ran down and to the community house where everybody was already gathered.

"So what happened?" I asked as we walked in.

Everyone was surrounding something but when I spoke, they moved out of the way, revealing beaten up Sam.

I faked a gasp, "Sam, holy shit."

He knew better not to say anything, though he glared at me. His face was cut up, he had mostly dried blood running from his nose, and he had a cut right above his eye, going right through his eyebrow.

"How the hell did you not wake up from the siren?" Puffy asked me.

"Headache, I took sleeping pills." I lied.

Everyone turned back to Sam as he put ice on his nose. We heard the door swing open and Quackity burst through. He looked furious.

"Sam, this better be a fucking joke." Quackity walked over to Sam, picking him up by his shirt. "He better not have fucking escaped."

"Big Q-"

"Sam, I swear to god-"

"Quackity, stop." George demanded. He was in the corner of the house with Sapnap.

"Someone had to have helped him escape." Sapnap spoke.

Everyone looked around the room, examining who was there. Of course it had to be Tommy who pointed it out.

"Where's Vienna?"

Heads turned to me, I had to think of something quick.

"She was just visiting for a few days, she had no point in staying here."

Though people seemed suspicious, they didn't question me.

"What are we going to do now?" Niki asked. She sounded worried. I looked at her to give her a reassuring smile, but she didn't return it. I knew deep down inside however hard I tried to gain back Niki's trust, it would never happen. I betrayed her by blowing up our land and she hated me for it.

"We have to find him." Tommy and Tubbo said in unison

I gritted my teeth as everyone nodded.

a/n
hella short chap