7| Sister Dearest

VIENNA

Dream was outside shooting at the targets that I planted outside for him to use to practice. His shots were... not too great. Though he had been in a tiny cell for six months so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

He missed four out of five shots, not even coming close to the center. I watched him as he wiped away the beads of sweat on his forehead. He looked up towards the window and spotted me, so I moved out of the way to he couldn't stare at me like I was doing to him.

To keep myself occupied, I sat down on the couch and began to read one of the many books I have. I heard the door slam shut, then footsteps coming into the living room.

"You were watching me." I heard Dream say right behind me. He already caught me so there wasn't any point in denying anything.

"Your aim sucks." I didn't look back at him, just kept pretending to read my book as he watched me.

I heard him mumble something but chose to ignore it.

"I think I recognize where we are." Dream says all of the sudden. "Can I take you somewhere?"

Confused, I shake my head no, not really wanting to go out.

"Come on, it'll be fine."

I sighed but gave in. We went to the stable so I could get Atlas while Dream bathed in the lake. I did my usual routine with him, feeding him, brushing his mane, and checking for anything else. Dream was done at the same time I was.

"You get on first since I don't know where I'm going." I told the man as he waited for me to get on first.

I took Atlas out of the stable and Dream climbed on. The horse seemed unsure about it first until I got on next.

We took off and made our way to wherever he was taking us.

We came across a small farm house with a much bigger one behind it.

"We're here." Said Dream as he got off the horse, walking us to the stables.

When we got closer, I could see a little girl tending to one of the other horses. She noticed us and pulled something from her back pocket.

"Stay back." The girl warned as we got closer, holding up to what appears to be a knife.

"Dris, it's fine. It's just me." Dream called out.

The girl dropped her pepper spray and full on sprinting into Dreams arms.

"Clay!" She shouts.

Clay?

Clay.

Oh. That's his real name.

The man scratched the back of his head then looked at me. "Surprise?"

"You never told me that." I say, baffled.

"Well now you know."

The girl made it to Dr-Clay and jumped up, tackling him into a hug.

"You're out! But how? When did this happen? I have so many questions like..." The young girl swarmed him with questions while I watched as he smiled at her. I bet he hasn't seen her in awhile.

"And whose this?"

"This is Vienna," Clay told her, "She helped break me out."

She gave me a side eye then walked over to me. Her arms wrapped around my torso and she pulled me into a hug. "Although you did commit a serious crime, thank you." She said, looking up at me and smiling.

I patted the top of her head, "Of course."

"I'm Drista, by the way." She smiled and then started to pet Atlas. "You're staying for dinner."

Clay and I both looked at each other and then nodded. I tied up Atlas, then Drista walked us to the bigger house in the back.

We talked for awhile, I got to know Clays background more.

"What's for dinner? I'm starving." Drista asks.

"I can cook us something." I offer, standing up. Both Drista and Clay nod eagerly and I giggle, walking to the connected kitchen.

I started to boil some water for the pasta I was going to make along with fish.

I hear the muffled speaking and then the door shutting. Without thinking anything, I continue to cook. I heard footsteps approaching and then arms wrap around my body and a head buried in the crook of my neck. I turn my head to the left and see Clay, nuzzled in my neck.

"Can I help you?" I question, quite confused.

He squeezes me, looking up so he can meet my eyes. He cupped my chin and forced it forwards. I hear a clicking sound and then out of the corner of my eye, I saw him taking off his mask. He placed it down on the counter next to me and kissed my cheek softly, still holding my chin forwards.

"Clay what are you—"

"You don't have permission to speak right now, baby. Keep your eyes forwards."

Taken aback by his boldness, I continue to stare forwards, not taking any chances of looking behind me.

"Thank you for doing this." He says softly against my ear, almost a whisper. I nod in his hold, feeling him pressed up against my back.

I move, rolling my ass back in his lap. He lets out a rough exhale and presses back to me. His soft lips come in contact with the back of my neck and I roll back again, this time letting out a quiet whine.

He chuckles, low, "What was that?"

I opened my mouth to say something, but the door swung open and I heard Drista calling out for Clay. We broke apart so fast it was like we were electrocuted.

He grabbed his mask and put it on quickly, walking into the other room. I hear him laugh almost like nothing had just happened.

What a bipolar bitch.

I served dinner and sat down next to Clay, just to see what was going to happen. During the course of dinner, he put his hand on my thigh, rubbing gentle circles with his thumb.

"Dinner was great, Vienna." Drista complimented, wiping the food from her lips.

"Yeah, it was delicious." Clay added, his hand inching higher up my thigh.

My breath hitched, "Of course."

We said our goodbyes to Drista and made our way back to the house.

Once we finally arrived, Dream ignored me and walked into the house without saying a word, leaving me alone in the dark.

I opened the door to find him standing there. Holding his mask in his hand.

I just saw his face.