9| Breaking Arrows

DREAM

I wake up, warm and comfortable, my arm resting around something. It was Vienna. She had turned to me, face nuzzled in my chest. She looked beautiful asleep, so peaceful.

It didn't hit me until a second after why I was laying in bed with her, half naked.

Last night...

Holy shit, she's going to kill me.

A small meow interrupts my thoughts, bringing me back in. My eyes darted around, looking for where I heard the noise. My eyes hit the floor, landing where Patches sits next to the bedside table.

I gently unwrap my arm from around Vienna. She moves, flipping over to the other side and away from me. I take that as my chance to escape from the room, Patches following me close behind.

I walk down stairs and go to the pantry where I know she keeps the cat food. I find a bowl and pour some in for her. I walk to the bathroom and catch myself in the mirror.

My hair is messy, I forgot to put a shirt on, I'm still just in my boxers. I walk back upstairs to go put clothes on, finding Vienna still asleep. I throw on another shirt and a pair of sweatpants, then walk back downstairs.

I sat on the couch with Patches, reading another book. I heard footsteps walking down the stairs and turned my head to see Vienna walking down the stairs.

She walked right past me and into the kitchen. I heard the coffee start to brew, then clinking of cups. She walked to the living room and I got a look of her appearance.

Her hair was messed up, she had two big hickeys on her neck. She seemed to be walking slower than usual, legs stiff. She sat down on the couch next to me, taking one last sip of her coffee before setting it down on the coffee table.

Vienna took the book out of my hand, tossing it to the side, replacing it with herself. She settled herself in my arms.

"Good morning." I smile, soft, petting her hair and watching her eyes close again.

"M'rnin." She mumbles.

"Sleep well?" I questioned.

Vienna nods in my chest, causing me to smile. Looks like she's not going to kill me. I lean forwards, grabbing her coffee and taking a sip of it myself.

"Get your own." She slaps at my chest, grabbing the mug.

"Needs more creamer anyways."

We sat in silence for a moment, Vienna reading a book while I was lost in thought. Thinking about us, last night. Would she regret it? Would that be all she wants, just to fuck?

She seemed to notice my zoning out. "You in there?" She asks, knocking lightly on the side of my head.

I smile at her, not really wanting to say anything. I have to though, I need to know.

"So..." I start.

"So..." She repeats.

"What happened last night?"