Not Wanted

~PONYBOY POV~

After the movie was over, Two convinced the girls and Cevin to let us take them home. I talked to Cherry about Soda and his horse, Micky Mouse.

"What about Darry?" She asked. "Is he as wild as Soda? As dreamy as you?"

She thought I was dreamy? I pushed that thought out of my head as I snapped at Cherry catching everyone's attention.

"Darry ain't like Soda and he definitely ain't like me. He's mean and hard and never grins and probably wishes he could through me in a Boys home but Soda won't let him."

"No....Pony, don't say that?" Two-bit said softly. "You don't mean that."

"Gee Pony," Julie said softly. "I thought you, Darry and Soda got along real fine."

I felt white hot anger boiling inside me. I instantly regretted what I said next.

"Well we don't. And you can shut your mouth Julie Cade, cause you ain't wanted at home and neither is Johnny and you can't blame them."

Julie's eyes widened as if I belted her across the face. I might as well have with what I said. Two-bit hit me hard round the head as Johnny looked as if he was going to pull his switch blade on me.

"Hey, you know better then to talk to Julie that way. And dragging Johnny into it. If you weren't Sodas kid brother I'd beat ya."

"I'm sorry, Julie, Johnny." I sighed. "I didn't mean it."

"You're right though." Julie said miserably.

A blue mustang slowed and pulled up, and a group of Socs got out along with a Soc broad. As the Socs tried to get Cherry, Marcia and Cevin to go with them, I noticed Julie and Johnny staring at the blonde boys hand.

I noticed he had rings on his hand. And I remember it was a blue mustang that stopped by the lot that day.

Two pulled out his switch, Johnny hooked his thumbs and slouched and I crossed my arms and Julie his behind Johnny.

Two-bit gave me a busted bottle as the Socs finally left. I walked to the lot with Julie and Johnny. We talked before I fell asleep.