The Help Of Dallas Winston

~PONYBOY POV~

The Cade's and I ran to Bucks where Dally was sure to be. I pounded on the door, waiting for someone to answer.

Buck answered and glared at us.

"What do you kids want?" Buck asked.

"Can you get Dally?" I questioned.

"He's busy."

Buck went to slam the door when Julie stopped him.

"Tell him it's Julie man, he'll come."

Buck paused before closing the door. We waited until the door opened and Dally appeared.

"What do you need me for kid?" Dally asked.

Julie told him the story as I shook from the cold. When Julie got to the part where she killed the soc, Dally grinned and said, "Nice going kid."

When Julie finished, Dally turned towards Me and Johnny. Dally noticed my shaking.

"You wet Ponyboy?" He asked.

When I nodded, he yanked me inside Julie and Johnny following.

"Glory kid! You trying to get sick?"

As soon as we made it to Dally's room, he shut the door and made me strip from my wet clothes.

He handed me one of Bucks shirts which was way too big. He then passed me a roll of bills and Johnny a gun.

"For Pete's sake Johnny Don't point that thing at me, it's loaded."

" OK, hope the 315 freight to Windrixville there's an old abandoned church on top of J mountain. There's a pump in back so don't worry about water. Buy a weeks supply of food as soon as you get there because the story won't be out yet. And don't even stick as much as your nose out the door, you here?"

We're not in as we gathered our things.

"I thought New York was the only place I'd get caught up in a murder case."

Julie flinched at the word murder. He walked us to the door, before we left he turned to Julie.

"Take care kid."