Why Her?

~DALLAS POV~

After threatening my nurse and winning the rumble, I dragged Pony and Johnny to the hospital. I've got a gut feeling about Julie, and it wasn't a good one.

I nearly let out all the curse words I knew, when the stupid cop pulled me over.

"Act sick, both of you." I demanded.

After we reached the hospital, I jumped out of the car. I rushed pony and Johnny inside. The doctor that is in to Julie's room, looking somber.

"Hey Julie," I said softly. "We won the rumble."

"Useless... Fighting."She whispered.

Johnny moved closer and let out a muffled sob.

"I'm proud of you." I said.

Julie smiled slightly before she opened her mouth.

"Pony, Johnny."She whispered.

I moved closer before she was whispered what would be her last words.

"Stay gold Ponyboy, Johnny. Stay gold."

Julie sunk deeper into her pillow as she breathed her final breath. Johnny grabbed his sisters hand as he started crying.

"You can't die! You're the only family that loves me!" Johnny sobbed.

Ponboy didn't say anything. He crying as well. My eyes filled with hot tears as I started yelling.

" Damn it Julie! Come on kid, don't die! Don't be dead! Damn it Julie! This is what you get for helping people."

I ran out of the hospital, not thinking straight. Not knowing that Johnny Cade was as unstable as me.