𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚝 𝚠 𝚘

[𝚈/𝙽]'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅

Ah, school was finally over.

"Wow, what a crazy day." I huffed, walking toward the school gates to leave. Suddenly, from the corner of my eye, I noticed Hooni walking by himself, staring down at his feet as he walked. I then decided that I will try to walk home with him.

"Hey, Hooni! Wait up!" I called out as I ran up to walk beside him. He looked over his shoulder, a slight smile appearing on his face.

"Oh. Hey, [Y/N]." He greeted.

"I hope you don't mind me walking with you. Say, do you always walk home by yourself?" I asked, cocking my head to the side a bit.

"Oh, u–um... well, I don't have any friends, so..." Hooni let out, averting his eyes back to the ground in front of him.

"Oh... well, you don't have to worry about that anymore! From now on, you can consider me as your friend!" I proudly announced. Hooni rapidly turned his head to face me with a shocked expression.

"W–Wait... r–really?!" He asked, his dull eyes now sparkling, full of excitement. I giggled at his sudden behavior.

"Yes, of course! I'd rather be friends with you than anyone else I've met here if I'm being honest." I stated, bringing my crossed arms up behind my head.

It seemed that Hooni was suddenly lost for words. He kept perking his head up like he had something to say, but nothing came out.

"Hey, why don't we grab a bite to eat? It's on me!"

"H–Huh?! W–Wait a minute―"

"Come on, it'll be fun! Let's go!"

―――――

𝙷𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚒'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅

"Wow, this burger is delicious!" I happily took a large bite out of my burger.

"See, I told you! The burgers here are to die for!" [Y/N] beamed with a bright smile.

Die.

"So, do you have any other plans today? Perhaps we could hit up the arcade after this!" [Y/N]'s voice pulled me back into reality, a bright smile displayed on their face. I mean, the arcade does sound fun...

"But, I don't have much money..." I sighed, averting my eyes down to the bench seat.

A slightly puzzled look appeared on their face. Then, in almost an instant, the same bright smile from a few minutes before stretched across their face. "Oh, that's fine! I'll pay!"

"W–What?! No! You already paid for these burgers!" I argued.

"So, what?" This person sure is dense...

I started fidgeting with the bandage on my arm. "I just... don't want you to have to pay for everything, especially if we don't need it..."

"Awe, it's alright, Hooni! How about we only stay there for half an hour? That way we won't spend too much money." They suggested.

"O–Oh, um... that sounds nice."

"Alright! Half an hour at the arcade it is! Now, finish eating so we could get going!"

"R–Right!"

—————

"Alrighty! We're here!" [Y/N] exclaimed once we arrived. They then turned to me with a smile. "So, what do you want to do first?"

"Um, how about—"

"Hey, Hyung!" A familiar voice boomed in our direction. Just from what they said, I immediately recognized who it was.