𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚏 𝚒 𝚟 𝚎

A/N: This chapter is a little longer than the previous ones. From now on, I'll try making them longer. Hope you enjoy it!

[𝚈/𝙽]'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅

Today was Saturday, which meant it was the weekend!

"Hmm, what should I do today?" I mumbled to myself. Then, I suddenly realized something... I never got Hooni and Soorim's numbers! Oh, well. I guess I just have to wait until Monday.

A few hours passed by of me just doing absolutely nothing, then I finally decided to go out to a nearby cafe that just opened up.

After getting ready and saying bye to my parents, I left the house and made my way to the cafe. I had my GPS on my phone, so I was constantly looking back and forth at it. As I was thinking of where to turn, I accidentally bumped into someone, making me drop my phone.

"Oh, shit! Ah, s–sorry—"

I looked up at the person I bumped into, just to see it was Hooni with a hood over his head. Once he saw my face, he looked quite startled.

"Ah, Hooni! What are you doing here?" I asked him.

He averted his eyes to the ground. "O–Oh, um... I went grocery shopping..." He mumbled. He then jumped a bit before crouching down to the ground. He then stood back up with my phone in his hand.

He held it out to me. "Ah, h–here. You dropped this..."

"Oh, why thank you, Hooni!" I smiled at him. Once I took a look at my phone, a blank expression took over my face. It had a huge spiderweb crack on the left corner of the screen. Hooni tensed up again with an anxious expression on his face.

"Aww, darn. My phone's cracked..." I mumbled. As I stared at my cracked phone screen, I saw movement from the upper left corner of my eye. I looked up from my screen to see Hooni groveling on the ground.

"I–I'm so sorry! So, so sorry! I–I'll try to earn some money so you can buy a new one!" He cried. I stared at him with a nervous smile.

"Hooni, no! It wasn't your fault! I should've been paying attention to where I was going." I stated, crouching down to him. He looked up at me with a nervous expression.

"A–Are you sure..?"

"Yes! Here, let me help you." I held out my hand for him. He looked at my hand and then back at me before taking my hand. I pulled him up as he stood on his feet.

"Hey, since you're here... why don't we go to a cafe? I was on my way there already and it's only a few blocks away. Want to come along with me?"

"Huh?! O–Oh, um—"

"Come on, it'll be fun!" I grabbed his hand and continued on my way to the cafe. He was startled, but soon relaxed a bit after.

—————

A minute or two passed and we were still on our way there.

"Um, I... I'm still sorry for what happened to your phone..." He finally spoke up, staring down at his feet.

I turned around to face him. "It's fine, really! It's just cracked, don't worry about it!" I reassured him, then looking back ahead of us. We continued walking in silence.

"U–Um—"

"Ah, we're here!" I exclaimed, standing in front of the cafe. Hooni stopped right beside me.

He looked up at me. "U–Um, [Y/N]..."

"Hmm? What is it, Hooni?" I asked him as he pointed down at his hand. I looked down and realized I was still holding on to his hand.

I jumped a bit as I instantly let go. "Ah, I–I'm sorry! Did I hurt you?"

"Oh, n–no, I just... Nevermind." Hooni mumbled, averting his eyes to the ground.

"Oh, okay then." We then entered the cafe, sitting down at one of the empty tables. Our waitress gave us menus before she walked away.

"You can get anything you want, Hooni. I'm paying!" I flashed him a closed-eyed smile. He looked up at me and then back at his menu.

He hid himself behind the menu in his hand. "[Y/N]... why are being so nice to me?"

"Hmm? What do you mean?" I asked him. He seemed so serious.

"I mean, ever since we met, you've been countlessly buying things for me. I even cracked your phone, yet you're still willing to waste your money on me. Why?"

I sat in silence, shocked by his reply. I then sighed, smiling a bit.

"Hooni, I don't care if you never do anything for me in return, because I believe you have your reasons. I'm doing this because you've obviously been bullied for a long time, and you said you don't have any other friends besides Soorim and me. I'm just simply treating my friend, who didn't deserve any of the bad things that happened to him. I'm doing this because I want to. Now, you can get anything you want. It's on me."

Hooni looked up from his menu, exposing his pale face. His eyes were watering, and soon later, tears started pouring down his cheeks.

"W–Wait, Hooni! I–I'm sorry, p–please don't cry!"

"No, I... they're happy tears, I swear." He muttered in between sobs, trying to wipe away the tears on his face. He looked up at me and smiled a bit. I stared back at him and smiled as well.

"Ah, that was kinda cheesy, wasn't it?" I mumbled, nervously scratching the back of my neck.

Hooni jumped in his seat a bit, averting his eyes to the floor. "Ah, a–a little..." He replied. I laughed a bit.

"I mean it, though. Please, let me do this for you." I said. Hooni sat there and stared at me before looking back at the floor.

"O–Okay..."

"Yay! Anyway, what are you going to get?"

"Um, I was maybe thinking a hot chocolate..."

"Oh, okay then! We can do that."

"Um... [Y/N]?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you... for everything you've done for me."

"You're very welcome!"