13. First Date (Mollie's POV)

Jake's party was an absolute success. Everybody invited enjoyed it hugely. There was no doubt that the party was going to be talked about for a while. There was the greatest food ever, the best ice-skating rink, the hot-tub, the karaoke, and then the best home-made nightclub ever. Lots of romantic sparks lit up too, including mine!

Michael is absolutely amazing! I might only be thirteen, and he fourteen, but we both think we're in love with each other! Crazy, isn't it? Kaila said we were too, so it must be true. She doesn't believe in true love, but I do.

Anyways, Michael has invited me out to this 5 star restaurant in town tomorrow night! Isn't that just the coolest?! Kaila said that I should tell him I'm busy that night, play him along, but I don't think that works. I haven't told Tara, my stupid 'nanny', and I won't. To be honest, she doesn't care about me anyway. Just eating a load of junk and watching TV.

Michael obviously told Luke, as they're, like, super-tight best mates and everything, and apparently they said it would be better to make it a 'double-date', so we've got Luke and Kaila coming along too. That should be fun - Kaila would probably end up lobbing food at Luke, but oh well. At least I'll be with Michael. And obviously Kaila wasn't too thrilled about it. She's alright about going to a 5-star restaurant with me, but knowing Luke, he'll be there with a dozen red roses, a box a chocolates and all that. Kaila has promised that she'll go mental if he does.

N'awh! I thought Kaila and Luke made a lovely couple!

Just joking! As soon as I found out it was Luke who'd fancied her and been sending her those Valentine's cards, I just knew they weren't going to be the perfect couple. I mean, seriously, Kaila absolutely detests romantic-type guys, so I don't have a flipping clue why she said yes to Luke.

Hang on, maybe I do. Maybe she said yes so she could make a fool out of him. Typical Kaila...

So we've got school tomorrow, so as soon as Kaila and I get to hers, we're gonna get ready A.S.A.P, and make our own way to the restaurant, even though Michael insisted on escorting both of us there. Kaila refused and said that we'll make our own way there; obviously she wants to cause a dramatic entrance, in her form-hugging black dress and 4 inch heels. She knows she'll cause an entrance, she always does, even when she doesn't mean to, but she obviously wants to tomorrow night, God knows why. I love Kaila to bits, but sometimes I think she's a little too crazy. Actually, I don't think , I KNOW.

But I guess she's got reasons for being the way she is, what, with her dad and all that...

Once, Cynthia told me in a moment of confidence, that Kaila and her father, Lennie, were very, VERY close when he was alive. When he first died, Cynthia told Kaila that he was away working for a while, and when Kaila was old enough to understand, Cynthia told her that Lennie had been killed when Kaila was younger. Cynthia said that the change in her was very noticeable.

'When she believed that Lennie was alive, and was just away working, she was very energetic, lively and happy. Lennie used to read her fairytales, and she used to pretend she was a princess and everything. She was so kind, and everyone adored her. She was an absolute angel,' Cynthia told me with a tear in her eye. 'When she found out that he was dead, she fell into a depression, even though she only about seven or eight. She was no longer a little angel. After a while, she finally started talking again, but it just wasn't the same. She'd changed completely. Sometimes, I wish I'd never told her that he'd died, just to see how she might of been today. But I knew I had to tell her, no matter what her reaction was - I love her too much to keep her from the truth. Her and Carl. I'd die to keep them safe, and that's exactly what Lennie done.' 

At that moment, she cut off, thinking she'd said too much. After that, I was more understanding towards Kaila, and Carl. Carl didn't seem to be as bad as Kaila, and Cynthia had mentioned that Carl hadn't changed at all, it was just Kaila.

Diary of a Biatchजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें