7. The Gifts

The next morning, I decided to open my presents. I couldn't do it yesterday, because we were so busy!

Jay was coming over again today, so I would start opening them when he got here. The girls were staying for a while anyway, so it was all good.

For a while, me and the girls just gossiped. The main subjects were boyfriends, things to do with school and bitches within school.

Eventually, Jay arrived. I let him in and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Then we both walked in the living room where all of the presents were neatly stacked. Mum and Carl had made it downstairs, so everyone was waiting for me.

It was gonna take a long time to open everything - there were so many presents!

I started with a big box from Mum, and it was a make-up box with purple leopard print on the outside, and on the inside was lipgloss, nail varnish, blushers and eyeshadows. There was also a mirror in there with lights lining it, like what superstars have in their dressing rooms. It was really glamorous. I thanked Mum and moved on to the next presents.

Most of them were big bars of chocolate, make-up, jewelry and CDs. Carl gave me the CD that I'd wanted - Bruno Mars' new one, with Grenade on. I loved that song. Another CD was an RnB one with Major Lazer on. That's OK too.

Mollie also gave me two presents. She bought me The Vampire Diaries box set on DVD and a friendship bracelet. It was one of those ones where there is a heart charm on it but it's in half, and the other friend has the bracelet with the other half. It was also 9 carat gold. I gave Mollie a big hug and said thanks, and put the bracelet on. She was already wearing the other half.

The last one was the small box from Jay. He smiled hugely, so I took that as a sign that it was something really nice.

I tore off the shiny purple wrapping paper and found a black velvet box underneath. I had a pretty good idea at what it might be...

I took a deep breath before opening it... Then I gasped.

But not in a good way. It was definitely not what I was expecting.

I grimaced in horror at the pink plastic ring in the box. It was vile.

Mollie obviously sensed the same thing I did and pulled me out of the room, saying, 'I'm sorry, she loves it so much, she's just...umm...in shock of the...eh em, beautiful ring!' to the girls, my mum, Carl and Jay.

When we were out of sight and hearing distance, I whispered furiously, 'What the HELL was he thinking? Is he completely demented? I can't stand pink!'

'Hmm I know. It is really stupid, and plastic? What a cheap skate!' she exclaimed.

Before Dad died, pink used to be my second-favorite colour, and he used to buy me pink frilly dresses. When I was about ten years old, I chucked all the pink dresses in the corner of the attic. I didn't want to see them again, and I never wanted to be given any pink present again. Jay had just brought up all of my bad memories and nightmares about my dad's murder, and he didn't even know.

Obviously, Carl and Mum (and Mollie) knew not to get me any pink presents.

With anger clouding my vision, I stalked back into the room and quietly asked Jay to come out to the kitchen with me. He jumped up with a jolly, 'Of course, babe,' not realising his drastic mistake.

When we were again once again out if earshot, he said, 'So, do you like it?'

Through gritted teeth, I snarled at a surprised Jay, 'No. It is absolutely VILE!'

'Why don't you like it?' he asked nervously.

'First of all, it's plastic. PLASTIC! What did you get it out of? A frigging Christmas cracker?! And secondly, it's pink,'

'I thought you liked pink!' he exclaimed.

'No, I fucking don't!'

Mollie stepped in then. 'Kaila, why don't you go to the living room and say thanks for everyones presents? I'll deal with Jay,'

I gave Jay a really dirty look, and before walking back into the living room, I tried to calm myself. I think it just about worked.

I sat down and smiled as best as I could, while Dad whirled around in my head.

'Thank you everyone. Your presents were wonderful,' I said to them.

The girls hadn't suspected a thing, but of course, Carl and Mum knew and kept mouthing, 'You OK?' to which I nodded with a tight smile.

A few minutes later, I heard Jay and Mollie in the hallway by the door, and quickly ran out to them. 'Jay, you're dumped.' I said, my teeth gritted together.

His mouth nearly hit the ground. 'Kay, I'm so sorry! If I knew-' he broke off as I shoved him out of the front door.

I slammed the door behind him, and turned to Mollie. 'He was an absolute prick.' I said simply, and no more was said.

Mum and Carl must of heard because when I walked back into the living room with Mollie, they were smiling hugely, which cheered me up aswell.

We took all of the presents up to my dressing room, which took a few trips, as there were so many pressies.

In case you're wondering, I threw the plastic ring into the trash without a second thought.

If anyone else ever buys me something pink, expensive or not, or whether I like it or not, it was going STRAIGHT in the bin. I couldn't care less if they knew I didn't like pink or not. That's their problem.

**Sooo... Did you like it? What do you think I need to add or change? Please vote and comment! Thanks babes!!!**