23. I Do - Epilogue

20th of May, 2011

-Cynthia's POV-

Everything has worked out.

Well, not everything.

Lennie, my one and only true love, is still dead, and he's never coming back, but everything else is okay now.

I was really worried that Kaila would find it hard to accept Kyle, and maybe end up being spiteful and play all sorts of nasty tricks on him, but she hasn't.

She's changed so much! I don't know what Carl said to her that day, but whatever it was, a huge change has overcome her. She's become so much more happier, if that makes any sense. The last time I saw her properly smile was when Lennie was still alive, and then, well, you know what happened then...

But now the smile's back, the laughter's back - Kaila's back.

It's not like I didn't love Kaila - I love her immensely, and I always will do, no matter what. But after Lennie died, she found it hard to believe that we did love her, and I think now, she's finally understood the truth. And the meaning of it, too.

Anyway, Kaila won't call Kyle 'Dad', and I'm glad. I don't expect that at all. By going out with Kyle, I'm not trying to replace Lennie, or anything, like Kaila thought at first. I just need a man in my life to help me, and to make me happy. That's what Lennie would have wanted.

Kyle doesn't mind at all either - he doesn't expect that too. And the thing is, he's really accepting, if that makes sense too. A lot of guys wouldn't bother going out with someone who already has kids, but Kyle, being the nice gentleman he is, is kind and caring enough to take us on. Others would have said, 'It's too much hassle,' but not Kyle.

I haven't really said much about Kyle, have I?

Well, he's just over six foot, and quite muscly. He has really cute brown eyes, and dark brown hair.

And his body? WOW. That's all I'm gonna say on that subject...

Anyways, before I get too excited, he's 37 years old, same age as me, and loves working out. When he moved in, he brought along with him all his weighs, and even more gym equipment that I don't even know the name of. Good job I've got a big house, with enough space for all of it, isn't it?

He also loves to hang out with Carl and Kaila, too. He's really good with teenagers, and he's totally psyched to meet my rugby-player of a son.

So, yeah, that's Kyle.

He's not my true love, I will admit that. And he'll never come close to what Lennie meant to me, but he's a good man, and if Lennie were still alive, they'd totally be good friends. But saying that, if Lennie were alive, then I wouldn't even be seeing Kyle.

And guess what? It's Carl and Cindy's wedding day!

I'm currently sitting in the back of a sparkling white limousine, with Kaila, Cindy, and Cindy's parents.

Cindy is, well, what can I say? She is simply stunning.

Her gorgeous blonde hair has been swept up into a messy bun, with a few wavy strands hanging down. On top of her hair, she's wearing the most gorgeous tiara. It's real diamond, and clings easily onto her hair. Attached to the tiara is her veil, and that veil is white, with dashes of gold sparkles in. 

And her dress is just amazing. Jaw-dropping. Head-turning. You could just gaze at it for ages.

It was custom made, and cost a hell of a lot of money, but it was totally worth it. And Carl and Cindy are famous (Cindy is a lingerie model, I forgot to mention that!), so they can afford it.