The Questions

The boys had been treating her differently recently. She had been shocked when they knocked on her door and invited her over and then surprised at how the evening turned out.

Firstly, Jungkook had actually spoken directly to her and even called her Noona. She wondered if perhaps he hadn't been avoiding her for the reasons she thought, but he was just uncomfortable around a stranger.

After the initial awkwardness, the maknae had been great company to have sitting next to her. He wasn't the most talkative, but he would whisper little comments about his Hyungs and tips on how to win the games they played. Whenever he aimed his signature bunny grin at her, she couldn't help but smile back.

The others, while not as friendly as Jungkook, weren't cold towards her. At least not all of them were anyway. Jin and Hoseok were much the way they appeared on their videos: all smiles and laughs. Jimin and Taehyung were probably the loudest and most talkative, with their constant banter with each other. It was Yoongi and Namjoon, that had changed the least. The leader was polite as always, but Yoongi still didn't seem to have warmed up to her yet.

That changed when she answered one of Taehyung's many questions.

"How old are you?"

"Taehyung, you can't ask her that!"

"Why not? She knows how old we are."

"Because it's public knowledge."

"So is my age. Do you really not know how old I am?"

"Yeah, Tae, you've could've just looked it up!"

"Ha, well, why do that when she's right here."

"So... will you tell us?"

"I was born in 1993."

Their reactions made her smile, as they were obviously very surprised. Although, she wasn't sure why. But what she enjoyed most was that Yoongi finally looked her way, and the shocked look on his face was priceless.

"Really!"

"Noona, you don't look the same age as Yoongi Hyung."

"Yeah, we thought you were maybe the same age as Taehyung and I."

"Yoongi-Hyung can have a same age friend!"

There was an awkward moment of silence.

"So... you like TXT?"

"Um, yeah."

"Jin Hyung, how did you know that?"

"It was playing when we went round to her apartment."

"Are they your favourite group, Noona?"

"I wouldn't say they're my favourite, but I really like their new album."

"Did you know Namjoon Hyung worked on of their songs?"

"Of course, that's why I listened to it."

She glanced over at Namjoon, wondering if confessing this bit of information was a good idea or a bad one. However, she still wasn't sure what was going on inside that head of his.

"Namjoon Hyung is a master of writing lyrics. A lyric master?"

"Speaking of, the songs you wrote for the album were really good. How long have you been creating music?"

"Not long really. Although, I was always musical, but it was just a hobby."

"What changed? How did you end up in that Chinese competition show?"

"I was inspired by... someone. And that, well, I watched previous competitions and when I heard they were looking for international participants I thought why not. It was a good experience."

"Is that how you met the EXO guy?"

"You mean Lay? Yeah, he was a guest on the show and we performed together."

"And you became friends?"

"I made a lot of friends on the show."

"Who was it that inspired you, Noona?"

She glanced around at all of them, trying to decide whether she should tell them or not. In the end, she couldn't deny Jungkook's big doe eyes.

"BTS."