The Goodbye

After getting her address from Lay, Yibo waited outside her apartment for as long as he could. He didn't know when she would be back and when it was time for him to head to the airport, he had to leave.

As he did, the girl he was waiting for arrived.

"Yibo, what are you doing here?"

"I had to see you. I need to talk to you before I go, but I have to leave for the airport now."

"How long have -"

"Come with me."

"What?"

"See me off to the airport, please."

"Okay. Um, I'll be back later, guys."

BTS watched her leave with stunned expressions wondering what had just happened.

Her mind was whirling at Yibo's sudden appearance. After they said goodbye earlier, she had resigned herself to not seeing him for a long time, or maybe even never again. She was distracted that she didn't even notice that he was holding her hand until he let go.

Once they were in the car, she looked at him expectantly. When he didn't say anything, she decided to start a conversation.

"How was your afternoon? Did you have fun with your Hyung's from UNIQ?"

"It was good. I haven't seen them for a long time, so it was nice to catch up. I told them about you."

"Me? Why?"

"I told them that I met this girl, I was supposed to be her mentor, she was supposed to be just another contestant, but something about her captured my attention. I admired her determination, the fact that she never gave up, her smile when she succeeded. I even gave her special dance lessons so I would have an excuse to spend more time with her, even after she didn't need them anymore."

"What...?"

She was stunned. She couldn't believe that Yibo was really saying these things. It was like a dream come true.

"I couldn't leave without telling you. I like you."

She had to bite her lip to stop herself from squealing, but a big smile lit up her face.

"I like you too."

They both chucked and Yibo's shoulders dropped in relief.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

"It's okay. I didn't tell you either."

"I don't know how this will work, with both of us in different countries, but..."

"We can make it work."

"I could call you every day like Tao does."

"What? He doesn't call every day... actually he called me last night."

"Oh? To congratulate you on your debut?"

"Yes, and other things. Did you really give me dance lessons so you could spend more time with me?"

"No. I knew with a little extra help that you could be amazing, and I was right, wasn't I?"

"Yibo!"

"What?"

He looked at her so seriously, that she had to cast her gaze down towards her lap.

"I'm not used to you saying such things."

Wang Yibo reached out and tucked the hair which had fallen around her face behind her ear and looked back up at him.

"I couldn't show favouritism on the show, but now I have no such restrictions."

She felt as though she was discovering a whole new side to Yibo, and it excited her.

"Do you know what the first phrase I learnt in Chinese was? I like you."

"You watch too many dramas."

They smiled at each other.

"I feel like I'm in one."