The Break

Oh my god... What did I just do?!

Wang Yibo had just ended the video call after telling his girlfriend to choose between a long-distance relationship or no relationship at all.

He had panicked. Hearing her talk about giving up her dream just so that they could be closer, he couldn't let that happen. She had worked too hard and it was unlikely that she would get another opportunity like this one.

Of course, he wanted her to move to China. He had been so excited when she had told him she might be coming soon that he started preparing his apartment.

He had made room in his wardrobe and bought her fluffy towels in her favourite colour, purple, as well as her own mug and slippers and blanket. He'd forced himself to stop there.

But if he would be the reason that she wouldn't get to fulfil her dreams then he would remove himself from the equation. Although, now he was second-guessing himself and was very close to calling her back to beg for forgiveness.

Meanwhile, Jin had knocked on her door to ask if she wanted to help him cook dinner. He found her sitting on her bed staring blankly at her phone, tear tracks running down her cheeks. He ran over and perched on the edge of the bed.

"Are you okay? What's happened?"

"Yibo... He - he..."

"Shh. It's okay. Take your time."

Jin rubbed her arm comfortingly until she was able to speak.

"Yibo broke up with me."

"What?! Why?"

"He doesn't want me to move back to China. He wants to keep our relationship long-distance."

"That makes no sense. He was so in love - never mind, I'll give that boy a piece of my mind!"

"What should I do?"

She looked up at Jin and he hated seeing her sad eyes.

"I can't tell you that. Do you know what brought this on? I thought you two were already planning your move."

"We were and he was happy... But today he said it's not a good idea."

"What else did you talk about?"

"Umm, he got parts in two movies... Oh! I told him about Bang PD's offer of a solo contract."

"What did he say?"

"That I should take it."

"But you're not sure you want to be a soloist."

"How...?"

"Ah, I hope you don't mind that Yoongi told me. He didn't tell anyone else! It's just because we're roommates."

"Oh. No, that's okay. It's not really a secret or anything, but yes. I need to give Bang PD an answer this week and I'm still not sure what to do."

"You were going to turn it down and move to China to be with Yibo, but Yibo told you not to go."

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry."

She looked at Jin in surprise.

"Why?"

"You wanted to be a part of a group. I feel like being a part of BTS has stopped any chance of that happening."

"Or I should be the most sort after Idol."

"Ha, I guess that's possible too."

"Either way, I don't regret it. Joining BTS. Being able to work with you, and perform with you, is a dream come true. I will treasure this past year forever."

"Oh, you're going to make me cry!"