Gorgeous

You should take it as a compliment

That I'm talking to everyone here but you🎶

Being a free-from-a-relationship woman did help Eleanor to enjoy her best friend's wedding to the fullest. The beautiful ceremony in Gigi's mom's garden, the tears in Gigi's eyes the moment she said "I do", their heartfelt vows and Zayn's wide-eyed smile when he saw the love of his life walk down the aisle towards him. 

Eleanor Calder was happy in every sense, but it would be wrong to say that she wasn't tired. She wasn't tired because of the wedding or the big party indoors- she was tired of avoiding Mr. Best Man. The thought that he was one of the reasons she called it off with Harry last night made her feel petty. Harry asked her if she had something going on with Louis and she denied blatantly, but obviously she wished something did start. 

Anyways, her guilt and insecurities held her back from getting up, walk to where Louis was sitting at the bar and pull him into a kiss. She looked away and took her phone in her hands. She clicked a few pictures of the happy couple who refused to stop dancing the whole night away.

The idea of distracting her by conversing with other guests seemed great to her. As she engaged into a word with Gigi's sister, Bella she felt a presence behind her. As the person came next to her, she stopped talking, her smile faded. 

"Hey," he said meekly. Eleanor felt his hand brush along hers that she had hidden behind the flow of her dress. She thought it was a mistake. Well, she was mistaken when she felt his hand almost holding hers and she slowly jerked hers away.

And you should think about the consequence

Of you touching my hand in the darkened room 

If you've got a girlfriend, I'm jealous of her

But if you're single that's honestly worse

'Cause you're so gorgeous it actually hurts🎶

"Hi," Bella greeted. "I didn't get to talk to you today. You look great!" she complimented.

"That's sweet, you look fit!" Louis replied.

Somehow, Eleanor hated this banter. She knew it was polite and the nice thing to do, but she hated the thought that they may be flirting. Then it hit her, he might have a girlfriend, or someday he will have one. She despised that thought, she knew it was sick to feel jealous of someone who probably isn't even in the picture at the moment. 

But as far as she remembered, Louis was single. That did not make her feel better. Him being single made her want him more because it didn't seem wrong at all. She snapped out of her thoughts as she felt his hand brush hers again. She looked up at him and felt his eyes on her.

"Hey, can we talk?" he asked slowly.

Eleanor looked back at Bella who seemed confused. "Umm," she put a smile back on, "I'll go see my relatives," she excused herself and suddenly, Eleanor wanted her presence back. 

"Eleanor?"

"Not today, I'm busy," Eleanor muttered and walked off. She obviously didn't look back. 

The rest of the night, she walked away every time he walked towards her. It was getting obvious, not to others but to him. Eleanor pretended not to care but she did, so much. The night was coming to an end and Eleanor excused herself just before the bouquet-throwing ceremony- she knew she would be forced to stand in line and she was in no mood or mental state for that, probably ever.