I Think He Knows

He got that boyish look that I like in a man
 I am an architect, I'm drawing up the plans
He's so obsessed with me and, boy, I understand
Boy, I understand
🎶

Eleanor watched him closely, his forehead arched, breathes released in intervals and exhausted face, like a child after a strenuous football practice. But he was serious, sincere and sure. That scared her, that's exactly what scared her.

"And that is...?" she spoke.

"El," he hung his elbow from her doorframe, "I ran all the way here."

"I assumed," she answered, looking away.

"Will that be because I want to turn you down?" he got her attention back. "Or," he stepped in as she stepped backwards, "because I want you?"

"I-I.. I don't," she gulped down heavily, "I don't know..."

Louis chuckled airily, "you're smarter than that."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I think you know."

Eleanor wanted to believe what she was thinking was right but she wasn't letting him off easy. "No I don't," she stepped closer.

"What if I say I'm here to say I'm not gonna stay?"

"I won't beg you to stay."

"What if I say that I want us to be something? What if I want to stay? What if I'm done with playing around when I know I should be with you?" he put an arm round her waist and pressed her up against him. "What will you do then?"

Eleanor watched his blue eyes intently, knowing he wasn't letting go, he never did. He fucking ran all the way to her place, fast enough to catch her in time. She could see how he felt towards her and she loved it. Eleanor felt the tug at her stomach loosen and her hands snake around his neck, bringing his head down so that their lips meet. She kissed him softly, way softer than all their previous ones. He returned the feeling and savored the moment for as long as he could. 

"This," she whispered, "I'll do this."

"Then do it," he said as he pulled her back for another kiss. 

He got my heartbeat (Heartbeat)
Skipping down 16th Avenue
 Got that, oh, I mean (I mean)
Wanna see what's under that attitude like
I want you, bless my soul
And I ain't gotta tell him, I think he knows
 I think he knows 🎶

Eleanor loved how he made her feel, the rush and finally the peace and surety. It was like she was a teenager with her heart jumping out of place every time she was with him. But as a woman, she also craved a certain course of a relationship and she felt that whenever he did something special for her- be it running down the street to tell her he wants to be in a relationship with her or simply making her her favorite breakfast on weekends when she sleeps till late. 

It's not like she wasn't grateful for it, she was. And she knew he knew it too. She knew she was lucky and he was as well. At last, she could see them work in future but it was too early to think of that. They just loved where they were and how they felt and where they were going- that was all. 

It was a really short but cute chapter, sorry. If you want I can keep it till this or add another song to give a proper ending. Lemme know.

All my love... <3