Dress

Our secret moments in your crowded room

They've got no idea about me and you

There is an indentation in the shape of you

Made your mark on me, a golden tattoo🎶

Third time- it was the third time they met since he moved to LA, since that night two years ago, since they saw each other again. Thrice in two months- Zayn and Gigi's anniversary in mid-October, Halloween party that Eleanor hosted and thought inviting him was cordial and this time, on Thanksgiving, again at Gigi's. 

They were not awkward or cold, they were friendly. They acted like nothing happened, like they'd been friends all these years. They obviously talked when he was still in London but not as much as they told each other they would. Eleanor was glad he thought of informing her when his company was placing some employees and he took up that offer because of the major pay-rise. 

But nothing changed the attraction between them, like the magnetic force that kept them close at every party. It was also a good thing that no one knew about their history but they doubted others couldn't see their chemistry. 

Seeing Louis kept remining her of that night, it reminded her how that man had wrapped himself around her senses. She remembers the way he touched her, the way he felt a deep mark on her lower neck. She would sometimes stare at that mark while it was still there, she wanted it to stay there forever, as unreasonable as that sounded.

Even on this day, Eleanor watched Louis as he joked around with Gigi who was desperate to get her dessert right. Of course she was also having fun but it was obvious how Eleanor was staring at him. She herself only realized it when he looked at her too. He raised his eyebrows, acknowledging her and she vaguely heard him tell Gigi, "I'll let you do the rest in peace."

As he started walking towards her, Eleanor watched, she had no shame in the fact that she was checking him out, not that he wasn't doing the same with her. 

All of this silence and patience, pining in anticipation

My hands are shaking from holding back from you (ah, ah, ah)

All of this silence and patience, pining and desperately waiting

My hands are shaking from holding back from all this (ha, ha, ha, ha)

As he sat next to her, Eleanor was mad tempted to get out of there with him. All through dinner when they were sat opposite to each other, she couldn't help but make eye-contact and it seemed the same on both ends. Every time their feet touched, she wanted to do more, she thought more should happen. 

"Hey," he snapped her out of her thoughts. 

"Hi," she answered. 

"I'm sorry I didn't talk to ya before tonight, completely missed out-"

"It's fine," she assured him, flashing a smile at him. "I didn't either, Louis. We're good."

"Also," he lowered his voice and leaned closer to her ear, "you look great tonight." His voice was low and deep now and Eleanor remembered it so well. She had been dying to hear it. 

But it was the most directly he'd hit on her in the past two months. It wasn't a lie that when she went shopping for Thanksgiving, he was constantly on the back of her mind. Whichever dress she picked, she kept thinking how he'd react to that, whether he'd want to take it off off her body.