Chapter 70. | goodbye ii.

❥๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑❥

(Jennie's OOTD)

70 ;
J E N N I E

"When Santana finally said, 'Mami, papi, I'm gay, all I could think of was, I should have known. When she was eight, she went trick-or-treating as Uncle Jesse on Full House." Mr. Lopez told me as we were dining at Breadstix.

I turned towards Santana and smiled. "That's actually really cute." I smiled as I caressed her cheek. "Spent two years growing out that hair. Business in the front..." Mrs. Lopez started. "Party in the back. Ew." Santana finished before letting out an embarrassed laugh.

"I never asked you this but, you just really didn't care? Especially with us dating?" I asked my girlfriend's mother. "I care that my baby's happy." The older woman responded and I smiled at her answer.

"I wish abuela felt the same." Santana said sadly and I gave her hand a small squeeze. "I know. It sucks, mija. But you don't want a person in your life that doesn't support your dreams." Mrs. Lopez stated and I nodded in agreement.

"I don't want to go to that cheerleading program at the University of Louisville. I want to go to New York with Jennie." Santana announced and I looked at her surprisedly.

"Go to college, Santana. Do what I never got the chance to do. New York will still be there after you've earned your college degree." Mr. Lopez responded. "Jennie, I understand that you will hear your results this week?" Her mother asked.

"Oh yes. I won't be opening my letter until after graduation. I made a promise with Rachel, Kurt, and Finn to not open our letters until after graduation. It was Rachel's idea of course." I responded.

"What are you majoring in at NYADA?" She asked curiously. "I'm majoring in both Musical theatre and music. I'm minoring in dance. There are not enough options for majors but, I have experience with both of the ones chosen so, it'll have to do." I replied.