11| More than a Neighbour

Y/N's POV:

"AHHHHH!!! Y/N OPEN UP THE DOOR!!" I woke up to the sound of Jimin yelling while banging onto my bedroom door. I rubbed my eyes as I let out a yawn then started speaking.

"You can come in.. It's not locked" I rolled my eyes as I sat on the bed.

Then suddenly the door opened as it went and hit on the wall making a huge noise. A furious looking man appeared at the doorstep while gritting his teeth. Ahh why this man gets angry real quick and scares me like this. I thought while looking at Jimin. He made his way over to me and showed me his phone in front of my face.

"Y/N, You gotta tell me what is this!?!" Jimin's voice echoed around the room.

I looked at his phone and caught my eyes on something. It was his wallpaper of him and Taehyung sleeping together. I burst into laughter as I almost forgot that I changed the wallpaper of his phone.

"Ahh Jiminah, look how sweet and supportive sister you have. I even edited the picture for you and set it as the wallpaper" I said as I passed a slight smirk on my face.

"Do you want me to kill you?" He growled.

"Umm.. No, cause I haven't take my breakfast yet" I said and yawned again, not caring about anything he said.

"Oh come on Y/N! Why did you do this? Do you think this is fun?" Jimin said with a frustrated look on his face.

"Of course! I find it cute" I said in a playful voice as I continuously blinked at him.

"I feel like to punch you in the face right now. I don't know why, but something about him makes me get so mad at that jerk" Jimin said and threw his phone on my bed.

"You mean Taehyung? But why?" My voice turned into a worried tone.

"I just don't know. I don't like him" Jimin huffed.

"But I think he's a sweet guy. Just give him a chance" I said and pat Jimin's shoulder.

"No! Don't think about him like that. And stay away from him" Jimin said his last words before leaving my room with his phone.

I sat on my bed thinking why my brother doesn't like Taehyung. Taehyung was the most precious man I ever met. But now my brother telling me to stay away from him. I don't know what to do.

Taehyung's POV:

5:15 pm..

I was resting on a bench near the lake. I enjoyed the way swans swimming in the lake so freely. I shut my eyes and leaned my head backwards as a cold wind hit on my face. At the same time, I felt someone one's hand on my shoulder. I turned back and my heart skipped a beat after seeing who it was.

"Y/N!" I exclaimed with happiness. She sweetly smiled at me brightening up my whole mode. She quietly sat beside me on the bench and proceeded to look at the lake.

"What brings you here?" I broke the silence between us.

"Nothing, I was just tired" She sighed with a light smile.

"Why? We're you working hard on something?" I asked.

"No. I was just thinking the whole day" Y/N replied without looking at me.

"About what?"

"About Jimin" She answered shortly.

"Oh.. Why?" I asked nervously.

"He gets angry easily. He's serious about everything. I'm so worried about his anger issues. I want him to look in the bright side, which he doesn't do" Y/N looked down and sighed.

"You care a lot about him.. Do you love him that much?" I asked as I was curious about her answer. Whatever the answer it's going to be, I was ready to take it.

"Yes I do" She replied tearing my heart into pieces. I just felt like I was trying to be some kind of a barrier between their lovely relationship. But also at the same time, jealousy grew inside of me.

"He's lucky to have you then" I said pulling out a fake smile on my face as I tried to hide my sadness. She smiled and looked away. At the same time, my eyes caught on an empty boat that was near the lakeside.

"Hey look! A boat!" I said as I pointed at it.

"Ooh wow.. Let's go on a boat ride! Shall we?" Y/N asked giving me a cute smile.

"Sure" I giggled at her cuteness.

Soon, both of us got onto the boat and sat down facing each other. Y/N's face was filled with excitement as I paddled the boat to the middle of the river. A bevy of swans swam past our boat making Y/N shout in excitement.

"Taehyung look! Swans! Ooh, they are so beautiful" She said while resting her face on both of her hands.

"Indeed, but not more than you" I said in my casual deep voice which made her blush and look away at the same time. Her face was all red as she couldn't stop blushing. Each time she's being adorable around me, I always wanted to make her mine.

"Y/N, I wanna ask you something" I said as I gathered all of my courage up.

"Yes, ask" She looked directly at me with her glamorous eyes which made me stop paddling and gulp down. Then I started speaking.

"Who am I to you?" I stayed quiet after asking it. I looked at her with my eyes filled with hope that she would give me an answer which could make me feel good. She looked down as she bit onto her bottom lip and started speaking.

"You are my.. Friend. Also my neighbour" She said. My hopes collapsed down once more.

It was not the answer I excepted. I was right. I am not someone special to her.. And maybe never will be. Cause she already has Jimin with her. Their feelings for each other were stronger than I thought.

"So am I nothing else to you more than just a neighbour or a friend?" I lowered my voice and asked with a slight smile.

"No, you are something more than that" She suddenly said making another little hope in my heart.

"Really? Then what is it?" I asked.

"You are... A good best friend who is so precious and truthful. Also you are adorable" Y/N said and scrunched her nose at me cutely.

Still, it was not the answer I wanted. Those words hurt more than anything. I couldn't take it anymore how Y/N kept friend-zoning me. I didn't want to be just a friend to her. Because I truly loved her. But I was kinda satisfied that she at least called me precious and adorable.

I looked at her and my eyes caught on her pink glossy lips. Her eyes flickering with excitement and her flawless skin made me want her so bad. All I could concentrate on was her beauty. I wanted to feel her soft lips on mine and hold her tight onto me. I waited no more. I decided to make my move. I moved forward as I got closer to Y/N who was still looking at the swans. She turned her head at me as she noticed I was so close to her. She looked directly at my eyes and our faces were only inches apart.

I gulped as I hesitated a little. But then, I reached my hand and cupped her jawline. Y/N kept looking at me not knowing what to do as she was confused. I came even closer to her lips closing my eyes and I could almost feel her warm breaths on my skin. I was gripping onto the boat with one of my hands as I maintained my balanced. Y/N slowly closed her eyes as she gave me permission to kiss her.

Our lips almost touched each other when I suddenly lost my grip on the boat. Y/N flinched at the feeling of the boat falling onto the lake as both of us lost our balance on the boat. In the next second, the boat rolled making both of us fall into the lake. What an awkward situation!?

I panicked thinking Y/N couldn't swim but she swam up and proceeded to look for me. I swam up to Y/N from behind her and held her hand. Then, both of us swam towards the lakeside and got onto the shore as we walked towards the land. Bot of our clothes and hair were wet and Y/N began to rub the sides of her arms as she felt cold.

"Let's get you home" I said looking up at her. She nodded and looked away shyly. Our houses were located nearby the lake so we didn't get that much time to head home.