Prologue

I reached my apartment tired and heartbroken. The small five steps in front of the parking lot felt never-ending.

My legs were hurting, my stomach was rumbling and the 2 inch heel I was thanking earlier felt like a punishment. I planned not to wear them ever again for my remaining whole life. Reaching my flat door I wasted another 2 minutes looking for the keys in my bag. I imagined this will be noted down as the worst day of the 27 years of my life that I've lived so far.

However, it poured heavily in the evening, which actually felt relaxing. The heavens probably heard and understood my heart ache.

Random thoughts kept coming to me. 'Why did you confess your love you stupid?' 'Why open up so hastily?' 'He must have reached home by now?' 'Will he call me?' 'Should I tell Aastha?'

Even amidst the emotional breakdown I was undergoing, I thought about the flooded roads, I will have to cross tomorrow to reach office. I guess you are allowed to enjoy heavy rain and a heavy heart only in movies with a background score.

Although I had the former two and even though I could play some sad music for myself, I chose not to. Instead a hot bowl of soupy noodles felt better.

I patted my own back and said loudly, "Anshu, it's okay! At least you said what you felt. Now get over it!"

My self-motivation session was interrupted by a message that popped up on the phone notification bar. It was Aayush. The message read 'Sorry. Please don't misunderstand me.'