Chapter 6 : Your Destiny Takes You Where You Belong

Anshu's POV

"Did you reach safely? The keys are with Aparna aunty?"

"Yes I reached safely, and took the keys too. Anshu, why is the flat so messy. Oh my God why didn't you settle your stuffs?" Aastha almost scolded me.

"I was alone, plus with the new office work load and all I couldn't take out time."

"Anshu you are such a lazy little liar! Why don't you tell me straight away that you are lazy and hate doing these stuffs?"

"Fine, I'll see you later in the evening. I'll try to come early. Till then take Aayush's help. He is strong and smart. Use his skills! Bye now."

Finally, Aastha is here. I won't be alone anymore.

At a distance I overheard Sneha, who sits next to me, "Did you hear Akshat sir is going to reinvestigate Mr. Ganesan's case himself?"

"Yes, I even heard he went against Vice-Chairman Sir" another girl who is with the task support replied.

I tried to enter the conversation and asked both of them, "What is it all about?"

"Didn't you hear the dispute between Vice-Chairman and Operations Manager over the loss of 40 lakhs for the Phoenix mall? Everyone is talking about it!" she replied, making me look like I live under a rock.

"Oh Anshu, Team Leader was looking for you. She asked me to send you to her. She said it was something urgent." Sneha said.

"Is it?" I left both of them and went up to team leader's cabin. I wanted to hear more about the case but, a little more delay and Ms. Sheetal would eat me up.

"Ma'am, you were looking for me?" I peeped through the door slightly.

She asked me to come in and right away started talking. "We will need to look into the old records of our company employees. In today's meeting, the committee has decided that the employees, who served the company completing their full tenure and then retired, will be given 50% residence occupancy in the new apartment project that we have undertaken. Also wives, who lost their husband's during service, will be incorporated in the undertaking as well. Your duty is to look into the employees list from the HR department and prepare a list of names suitable for the purpose, ASAP."

"Wow this is a good initiative by JCPL. Well, my father also worked at JCPL long time back."

She looked at me kind of surprised, "Your father worked at JCPL?"

"Yes ma'am. I never got the chance to tell anyone. He was the Assistant Manager at that time."

"So where does he stay now?" This was the first time in a while when I was talking to someone about Papa. Never thought it would be Ms. Sheetal Joshi.

"He passed away when I was four."

"Oh" maybe she wasn't expecting to hear that.

Every day I wish I didn't have to say this. I wish he would have stayed with us.

"Am sorry to hear that" she sounded the utmost polite she has ever been towards me.

"It's okay ma'am, it was long time back. I wasn't aware he worked here until recently when I told my mother I'd applied for an interview here."

Ms. Sheetal's expressions changed, and were back to the old ominous looks. Probably she was reminded of our conversations when I mentioned the word interview.

Awkward moment of the day, number 1!

"Anyways, I will prepare the list."

"ASAP"