Chapter 4 : Back to Where it Began!

Aastha's POV

"Yes, Mummy is fine. It was because of her blood pressure. Don't worry she is stable now." I assured Anshu who got panicked, probably because Aparna aunty told her about Mummy fainting last week.

"Thank God! I wish I was there! And please, whatever happens, do tell me. Don't hide it from next time."

While Anshu was speaking, I unknowingly faded out from the ongoing conversation, and simultaneously read the mail I had received last evening.

I was reading it for the fifth time.

From: Summit Broadcasting Network (SBN),

Branch Headquarter,

Bangalore, KA

530068

To: Ms. Aastha Sharma,

101, Meadow Street,

Subhash Nagar,

Nandangiri, MH

400011

Subject: Letter of appointment as journalist.

Dear Ms. Aastha Sharma,

We are pleased to inform you that, you have been selected for the post of journalist in SBN Headquarter, Bangalore. You were selected based on your performance in the walk-in interview and your experience in the area of journalism mentioned in the submitted CV. You are hereby requested to join the Branch Office by Tuesday, 1st September, 2021.

Kindly contact our HR department for further queries and information.

Best Wishes.

Mr. Kaushal Verma,

General Manager,

SBN

"Aastha are you there? Did you hear what I said? Don't hide, if anything happens."

I gained my senses and heard Anshu speaking loudly from the other end.

"Uh yes, yes am here. I was worried you might get scared. Anyways, I won't hide anything anymore, promise! Oh by the way I told Aayush about you. I gave him your number and address too. He will contact you."

"Really, oh okay. Anyways take care of Mummy. Don't let her stress out too much. I'll talk to her later, let her rest. You take care of yourself too. Bye."

"Bye Anshu. Take care."

I hung up and read the mail again.

I know this was all that I ever wished for. I've been selected. But how will I leave Mummy alone and go? Maybe I'll pretend I didn't receive the mail at all.

Mummy was lying next to me. Suddenly she seemed so old and weak to me.

Without Papa, she raised us with lot of troubles and difficulties. She hardly cried in front of us and would never let us know her pain. She endured it all alone.

I started leaving quietly from the room but I heard a faint voice call me. "Aastha" I saw Mummy was awake. Without saying anything she tapped the bed and asked me to sit next to her.

"Mummy, why did you wake up? Try to sleep."

"We couldn't hide it right, Aparna and her big mouth." She smiled. Meanwhile she kept her eyes closed.

"Anshu was angry. I had to somehow contain her. I understand how she must have felt."

"And I understand how you feel Aastha. When were you going to tell me about it?" Her eyes still closed.