Chapter 12

The drive home seemed longer than it was as I was focused on why I wouldn't be able to attend the festival. the thoughts continued as we stepped inside and all spread to our own rooms after taking off coats and shoes. 

it was rather late, roughly 10pm after eating and helping with some chores. finally done, I go to my room and I lay down on the sheets on my bed, staring at the ceiling as I hear a low knock on the door. "Yeah?" the door opens as Tommy steps in. "Hey Y/N! keep this between us, can you?" he said lowly before closing the door behind him as he walks to sit on my bed.

I sit up and look at him before I nod. "Alright! so me and Tubbo are planning on going to the festival tomorrow! Dadza and Techno are going to the book store and Wilbur will likely be sleeping or listening to music, leaving the perfect time for us to sneak out and watch the festival!" I frown as I think about getting caught sneaking out but decide to look past it as I agree with Tommys plan. 

"Great! meet us on the backyard tomorrow around say... 2pm!" he put out his hand for me to shake. "deal." he grinned as he thanked me and left my room. I on the other hand lay back down and slowly drift off to sleep.

The next day was slow, it went by like any other day, only difference being the lump in my throat as I was nervous about the festival. but soon enough the time struck 2pm and Phil and Techno were heard by the door. "We are leaving now!" Phil shouted as he walked out with Techno, soon followed by car sounds which resulted in silence as they left the property.

I and Tommy both walk out our rooms and look into Wilbur's room together, finding him sleeping. it was time to go. we wasted no time as we rushed downstairs and out the backyard, finding Tubbo waiting for us patiently. "You guys ready to leave?" We both nod and we make our way out the yard and towards the nearby festival. 

After a long walk we arrive and storm into the big crowd trying to find a good spot where we can see what's going on. we manage to get past most people and into the front of the crowd with a clear view of the stage just as they start speaking. they go on to talk about politics and stuff as I look around and spot two guys stood in the back with crossbows, loaded and ready to go. probably some sort of bodyguards.

it continues like that, talking, cheering, visiting the food stands, and an occasional joke from one of us three for roughly 6 hours, before they announced someone coming to the stage. I look up and freeze, I stand there in horror as I watch the man I once called my father step onto the stage, and being in the absolute front didn't help either. 

and he must have noticed who I was because his expression turned into a disgusted look as he stared at me. without thinking twice I take off running, I needed to get away from him, I can't go back to what I finally got away from. pushing through the people I pant heavily as I suddenly bump into someone who takes a tight grip around me as I desperately struggle to get away. "Y/N! Calm down! it's just me! Wilbur!" he tried to remain calm himself when internally he was freaking out, scanning the sea of people for Tommy, not knowing Tubbo also tagged along.

after a moment of struggling I finally manage to slip out of his grip and take off running once more, pushing past people and simply doing anything to get away from that stage, from him. after I make my way out of the crowd I take off into one of the nearby alleyways ducking behind some stuff laying around before quickly exhaling. I was hyperventilating and internally cussing myself out for running away like that. 

"o-ok... breathe Y/N."  I tried to reassure myself that everything was okay and soon enough my breathing slowed down. "I'm okay." I lean back against the cold concrete wall with a final exhale. "Y/N? what are you doing here?" 'just my luck' I thought to myself before looking up at the familiar voiced stranger. "huh? Quackity?" there he stood in all his glory. 

"what are YOU doing here?" he kneeled down to my level. "I'm doing work stuff." I want to ask what kind of work but I let it be and decide to just go along with it, instead I explained everything why I was here and how I ran away from the others. 

"well you ran pretty damn far, and its getting late... c'mon ill walk you over to my place. you can stay there for the night, ill talk to Wilbur." he stood up and reached out a hand to me, I took it with a soft sniffle escaping my lips as he pulls me up to my feet and we start walking down the street, on our way to his home.

after walking for roughly 15 minutes we arrive at a rather decent sized house, a darker shade of grey. "you live here all alone?" he let out a laugh before shaking his head. "nope, I live here with some others, like um, Fundy! remember him?"

"yeah, I think so, isn't he friends with Wilbur?" I watch as he takes off his coat and adjusts his beanie. "yeah! he is one of the guys living here. there is also- no wait, sorry sorry, enough rambling, let me show you around instead!" 'I wonder how he managed to get this place?' I think to myself before I simply follow the older guy around the house.

it started with a simple tour of the basic stuff, bathroom, kitchen, etc. then we made our way up the staircase. "the rooms to the right are all our bedrooms and to the left you have bathroom, guest room, and surprise! more boring rooms. You can spend the night in the room all the way down to the left, make yourself at home." he pat me on my shoulder before he took off towards a room which I assume is his. 

I make my way towards the room he had said I could stay in and open the door. it was a rather simple room, a bed placed in the corner, a clean white desk with a keyboard and a monitor placed on it, as well as a mouse and a pair of headphones. a black gaming chair accompanied with the actual computer resting on the floor next to it all. the walls were a warmer shade of white with a simple light hanging from the ceiling.

I inspect the setup a bit before deciding to get some rest. I do as always, laying down, shutting my eyes. and soon I was asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------

AYO ANOTHER CHAPTER :D

its cool to see how the book is actually being read by someone else other than my friends (ahem Lucie B) )

BUT YEP DRINK, EAT, SLEEP AND ILY :D <3

words count: 1220