Unexpected Interview Results

I was frozen. Once again. In shock.

What the heck was this?

My gaze drifted to Dhruv, who simply looked back at me like this was a very normal occurrence. Finding him to be completely useless (as usual), I turned my attention to his mother. She was dressed in a casual shirt and pants and seemed to be coming straight from home, but looked polished and perfect.

She was still smiling at me politely.

"Uh...yeah", I stuttered, opening the door wider so that this nightmare will end and I will wake up.

But no. They stepped inside, she entered first, looking around at the house with interest. "Nice interiors," she noted.

"T-thank you", I mumbled, trying to extend my big t-shirt to go past my mid-thigh but failing at it. She confidently walked ahead into the hall, giving me the time to turn back to the villain in question. "You! What's happening?"

He was looking at me too, his eyes trailing over my domesticated look, frowning as he spotted my leg. "How did you get hurt?"

"I fell down- but that's not the issue here, man!" I hissed. "Why the hell are you infiltrating my house?"

He raised an arrogant eyebrow, not in the least offended by my less-than-welcome tone "Pardon?"

"Pardon yourself", I whispered fiercely. "What are you guys doing here?"

At this, he also looked as irritated as I was. "My Mother has gone insane."

"Oh, so your influence has worked on her too?"

He gave me a flat look. "Pettiness doesn't become you, Ms Kumar."

"On the contrary, it becomes me. You tell me what is the purpose of this- I was just about to embark on an amazing breakup story-"

"It will have to wait", he said shortly as he also walked to the hall, leaving me on the porch, feeling all kinds of pins and needles erupting inside my bloodstream.

Oh my god.

What do I do?

Why were they here?

"Dhriti, why is the house so dar- oh." Ma skidded to a stop as she entered the hall, her eyes widening as I switched on the lights to show the last two people who should have ever walked into our house.

Now the other two turned to look at me.

Oh, shit.

"Ma", I hastened to explain as I darted forward, coming to a halt next to Mrs. Razdan. "This is Dhruv's mother. And you know Dhruv."

Then something absolutely bonkers happened in front of my already disbelieving eyes. Dhruv gave a dazzling smile to Ma and walked up to her. He gave her a box of-

Wait, that's her favourite chocolate.

"I hope you won't misunderstand about how things went last time", he said politely, his lilting voice carrying out the sincerity in his tone with ease. "I apologise for how I reacted. It's hardly good behaviour."

Ma looked at his winning smile, the chocolate and the whole 6'2'' package of a man in front of her and did the most senseless thing a woman in her power must do.

She smiled back.

"It's okay", she said affably, even patting his shoulder, the highest point she could reach. "I understand. You can't take people scolding Dhriti."