Nothing Cool 'Bout Jail, Kids

"Are you out of your mind?" I screeched. 

"Are you out of your mind?" Krish demanded, his eyes wide as he scrambled up. 

"What are you DOING here?" I asked, my eyes widening further

"I can ask you the same question; why did you come here?" 

"I am not the one in jail!"

"Yes, then why the fuck are you here? Go HOME." he ordered. 

"I'll go home when your LAWYER comes here."

"Shut up!"

Both Krish and I stopped shouting at each other and looked at the Inspector who had barked that command at us, while Parth made an apologetic face at him.

Despite the fact that I always feared one day either Krish or I would get arrested, I was not prepared to face the day when it came.

First of all. 4 am is a terrible time to be in a police station because the crowd isn't family-friendly. Ladies of the night, leering thieves and criminals on the prowl were staring at Parth and me, the outsiders, who were dressed like we came from a wedding.

And not to mention, the law enforcers get seriously judgey.

But I knew it would be a cold day in hell before I let my best friend sit in jail by himself, so right after I called for help, I had made my way to the police station with Parth insisting on accompanying me. While I'd normally have hated this additional company, the current occupants of the room made me feel glad to have a sober companion nearby.

I mention sober because Krish was DEFINITELY not.

Now there are many scales in the Krish Kapoor's Drunkenness Spectrum.

Scale 1-5- (5 shots in) Krish is into dancing, eating and having a merry time- very non-violent.

6-8- (8 shots in) Krish gets a little competitive and very active- mostly involves truth or dares and doing stupid shit like locking people inside bathrooms- and no, this isn't based on a true story, not at all what happened to me during my 21st birthday 

8-10- (10 shots and above)  Krish can become very unpredictable. His non-violent fun guy demeanour takes a hike, and the argumentative, I-am-a-dude-so-I-will-fight-with-anyone guy comes in, and then, look out everybody, because he will throw punches

The Krish that was behind bars right now....well, let's just say he can make the drunkest Krish look like his designated driver.

His black shirt was crumpled, and his eyes were bloodshot, and even as he glared at me, he was slightly swaying in the spot. A disgusted police officer had told us that he had puked several times, yet he still was pretty out of it. He was sporting a busted lip and a black eye, and his left eyebrow had a cut.

Long story short, he had never looked this worse.

"What the hell happened?" I asked incredulously as Parth spoke to the inspector in quiet, agreeable tones. "Did you drink a bar?"

He had the gall to roll his eyes at me. "No. It was a wrap party....gone very, very wrong."

"You said you punched someone. Who'd you punch?" I asked, staring at his bloodied knuckles.

He blinked at me like he just realized he was speaking to someone. "Where's Dad?" he demanded suddenly, looking behind me to see if I was hiding him. "Why is he not here?"