Interview | Five

Welcome everyone, today here we have our 2nd runner up from the 1D fanfic awards 2021 BSloves1D, let's hear what they have to say about this winning journey!

I: Interviewer (FlyingSprinkles)
W: Interviewee (BSloves1D)

I: Most welcome to this interview, may I know a few words about yourself?

W: Hi! I'm BSloves1D, but my name is Kaitlyn. I live in the US and currently go to college!

I: When did you start your journey as a writer?

W: I've been writing for as long as I can remember, but I started writing on Wattpad in 2014-2015 and created the account I have now in 2015.

I: What motivates you to write books?

W:  In the beginning, I was mostly motivated by the readers and writing things that would surprise or entertain them, but now I think it's more motivating to see the little ideas I have in my head to take form into something that others can enjoy.

I: Did you expect yourself to be one of the winners?

W: Honestly, I'm not quite sure. I Do? was my newest story so it had never been entered into competition yet!

I: How did it feel when you got to know that you have won the 2nd runner up?

W:  It felt good! Like I said this story was my latest piece of work, so it was really awesome to see that it was performing well.

I: Ever participated in other awards and won?

W: 6 years on Wattpad has left loads of room for hosting and participating in competitions! I love entering into contests so I can see where I can improve writing-wise. I've won a couple of various contests over the years for different books I've published.

I: When did you come across this Fanfiction category?

W: I first joined Wattpad for the Larry Fanfic category funnily enough. My best friend at the time was really into One Direction fanfictions so I read on his account for a while until making my own.8. The initial idea for I Do? came from a country song I was listening to at the time called "Last Night" by Carrie Underwood!

I: What was the motivation/inspiration to write this book?

W: I was super surprised that I got more engagement from this book when I first published it than I have with my other books! I think the premise of it was super interesting, so it certainly helped some 10. 

I: What was the response you got when you first published this book?

W: I kept the story up and stuck to my creative choice at the time. I think the story has been unpublished now, but I liked the open ending for the story, so I stuck by what I decided even if people didn't really like it.

I: Have you ever faced criticism? If yes, then how did you handle it?

W:  I've faced some criticism but not a lot. I think the worse criticism I've gotten was on a book that I decided on leaving open-ended so the readers could create their own ending for the story. Rightfully so, a lot of people weren't happy with it.

I: What do you do when you're in a writer's block situation?

W: Writer's block is always fun... not. Usually, when I get really stuck, I just have to force myself to sit down and push through it. Sometimes I have to write a paragraph and then get on my phone for a bit and then write another paragraph until it's done, but I'm able to at least get something down that way.

I: Do you plan to take writing as a profession?

W:  I haven't really decided yet! I would like to. I did self-publish one of the stories that I had written on Wattpad, which was a really fun/stressful thing to do. I think if I have time self-publishing is something that I would be more interested in.

I: What compliment have you felt was the best you've received about your book?

W: I'm not really sure, to be honest. I can't think of anyone comment that sticks out in my head.

I: Is writing books your hobby?

W: Writing used to be one of my favourite hobbies along with reading. That was before I discovered video games though.

I: Did you enjoy the interview?

W: Yes! It was really fun. Thank you for taking the time to ask and I hope I was helpful.

I: Hey, I loved your answers and 2015 to 2021 is a very long time, you have come a long way. Thanks a lot for giving your time to give the interview. It was fun.

W: Thank you!