Interview | Seven

In the new part, here we have SuVida777 who is the winner of Esthetíque Grand Awards 2022-23 in Sci-fi genre, with their intriguing story Komoreby. Let's head over to where our interviewer has a talk with the winner about their journey.

##
I: Interviewer
W: Winner
##

I: Firstly, a huge congratulations! Tell us a thing or two about yourself.

W: Thank you!

I’m a gamer, so my favorite video games influence what I write. My newest story draws inspiration from Alice Madness Returns. I also love goth stuff (that’s why my stories come with goth elements)!

I: How do you feel about winning an award?

W: I’m super happy that I won! I think many authors, myself included, doubt their work, and no matter how much we edit, it’s never enough. So winning an award for one’s hard work brings satisfaction like no other and motivates you to do even better!

I: How do you remain innovative in your writing?

W: When you’re a storyteller, you draw inspiration from many sources. I read a lot, play video games and watch anime. I also watch a lot of documentaries and learn science. This way you get cool ideas and unique ways of looking at the world.

I: What inspired you to be a writer?

W: I’ve escaped into story worlds from a young age, and I’ve always wanted to write stories of my own. In fact, they took shape in my brain for years before I sat down to write them. I love speculative fiction because it can take you on a ride like no other and push your imagination to the limits. As a writer, I get to create worlds and explore many possibilities.

I: How do you deal with or overcome writer’s block?

W: I haven’t actually had much trouble with writer’s block. I do a lot of research and build worlds/characters before I start a story. I also plot it out to the end, complete with a rough chapter breakdown. I might add or tweak things along the way, but I stick to what I planned from the beginning.

I: Have you ever felt like giving up while writing a book? Possibly, frustrated?

W: No, I write what I’m passionate about, so giving up is the last thing on my mind! I have fun creating my worlds and characters. My stories also come with themes that could do with a spotlight.

I: Did reality meet your expectations after winning this award? 

W: Yep, I’m so thankful to you for running this contest, and for all of your time and effort to support authors!

I: Do you write for fun of for inspiration?

W: Definitely for fun. I have big plans for my stories, but one step at a time!

I: Do you plan on writing as a profession?

W: I won’t be writing full-time, since I love my career as a multimedia artist. But I do want my stories to reach the stars!

I: What tip(s) would you give other writers thinking of joining a contest/competition? 

W: Do your best but don’t worry too much. It’s not always about winning, but putting yourself out there and having fun! Wattpad contests are all about community and discovering fellow writers and great books!

I: Anything else you wanna add? 

W: hank you for taking the time to interview me!

🌻🌻

Thank you so much, SuVida777, for connecting with us and talking about your writing. We wish you all the success and warm wishes for your further writing journey.