Chapter Four

What the fuck was that? I had to fight my wolf with every fibre of my being not to tear Andrew and Arnold to shreds

What the fuck was that? I had to fight my wolf with every fibre of my being not to tear Andrew and Arnold to shreds. My only thought was keeping Maeve safe. I didn't understand these feelings that were flowing through me.

But if I had killed the brothers like I had desperately wanted to, I would have been tried for treason. As it stood, by the time Andrew and Arnold let the Alpha know about my actions, I was already in over my head. What was I going back to? Death? Punishment? I wasn't sure. The Alpha was notorious for being a merciless dictator. It wouldn't be pleasant, that I knew for sure.

I stayed hidden in the forest, carefully watching Maeve to make sure she was okay. She hated werewolves, that much was clear and I couldn't blame her. All of humanity were affected by the ruthless acts of wolves. I just didn't know how directly she was affected by us.

Every part of me wanted to be with her. This was some crazy love at first sight shit. What was going on? I needed answers.

I shifted back and changed into a pair of shorts I kept in my bag. My scent would be less potent if I was in human form and therefore less trackable. I was hoping anyways. I took the long way through the outskirts of the forest - far enough away from people but not deep enough to run into wolves.

As I got to the edges of pack territory, I felt a hand tug my arm harshly. "Mrs. Myers? What's going on?" I took in her weathered appearance and concerned eyes.

"Hush, boy," she chastised me as she dragged me to her back door and locked the door behind her. "What on Earth did you do?! The pack is losing their senses over it!"

"I know how this looks-"

"Downright rotten for you," She interrupted.

"-but I had no choice," I finished.

She rolled her eyes at me and muttered "Men."

"I didn't! Andrew and Arnold were going to kill her when they saw her with me!" The very reminder of the event set me off again and I felt hot sparks shoot through me from anger, signalling that my wolf was going to emerge soon.

I felt a whack on my head, "Ow!" I complained eyeing the rolled up newspaper in Mrs. Myers hand.

"Pull yourself together! You're in deep water here!"

"You think I don't know that?" I whispered harshly.

"I know how difficult it is to see our kind commit these violent acts, but there's a reason not many of us go on these trips, Liam. Many of us don't want to commit these acts."