6

The smell of engine grease, oil, and sweat fills the shop. I'm elbow deep in an engine trying to focus on the task at hand. But I can't. I keep thinking of her little petite figure. Her heart stopping smile. Who she is, I've never meet another person like her.

So selfless and caring. And she knows what she wants that's so . . . hot. I keep thinking about the speech she gave me last night when we said goodbye. She always puts her little brother first. She wants marriage and a family. She wants a kid. She could have my kid! There's something about that whole package that's so dang hot.

I'd never found a woman so attractive that it made me speechless in my life. But seeing this little precious thing tell me like it is, setting me straight with so much confidence got me hard and incapable of forming any coherent words. The ride back to the compound was extremely uncomfortable for me due to how hard she made me. I went straight to my room to take care of that situation.

That wasn't enough. I feel asleep thinking about her and woke up thinking about her. I'd never thought about having my own kids or settling down either. But now I can't stop thinking about it. I want what she wants, but only with her. Juniper Jones is going to be the death of my life as I know it. And I'm happy with that.

~~~~Juniper~~~~~~

I'm sitting in the carpool lane at Juniors school when my phone buzzes. Seeing the caller id I smile. Kane. We'd only sent eachother a couple texts the last few evenings, both to busy to talk much.

Disconnecting the Bluetooth I answer the phone. I never like how phone calls sound through the car speakers.
"Hello."

"Hey angel." I press a finger against my lips at the nickname as I feel butterflies in my stomach. Freaking butterflies! I haven't felt that since I got asked out to prom.

"When can I take you out again? Just you and me."

I smile widely as I pull the car forward in the long line. "Umm Junior has piano practice at home on Wednesdays at four. But that'll only give us an hour and half."

"I'll take it."

I giggled at his enthusiasm. Actually giggled like a school girl. What is this man doing to me?

"Great. Where sound I meet you?"

"How about I pick you up?" Kane's words have me smiling impossibly wider. Him picking me up would make the most out of our time together.

"Okay. I'll text you the address."

"I'll see you then, name sure to wear jeans and a jacket."

My stomach flipped he's gonna pick me up on his bike then.

"Okay." I got closer to the front of the line. "I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye a-"

"Oh and Kane?" I cut him off remembering something important.

"Yeah angel?"

"I never kiss before the third date. It's just what I'm comfortable with." I hope my voice doesn't sound as unsure as I think it does. "I hope you'll respect that."

"I'll always respect you Juniper. You have my word on that."

I could feel my heart melting at that. How is it that this big intimidating biker is the sweetest guy I've ever meet?

"Thank you. Bye Kane."

"Bye angel."

We hung up right before Junior hopped into the car.

~~

After putting junior to bed I called Sara. She'd been spending most of her free time with Bear and every night in eachother's beds. To say they hit it off well would be an understatement. I'd never seen her happier she was practically floating from euphoria when she came into the shop for work.

I'd texted her while dinner cooked that I needed to talk to her after Junior went to sleep. If I hadn't she either wouldn't pick up or I would have caught her in the middle of something with bear I don't want to interrupt.

She picked up on the third ring. Rock music blasted through the phone and I held it away from my eat. "Hey girl hold on." I could hear her yell through the phone. She must be at the clubs bar again. Bear has been introducing her to his 'brothers' and club life. He'd picked her up for lunch everyday and would say hello to me. He's nice and obviously smitten by Sara.

I'm thinking she might have finally found a good one. The sounds quite down and put my phone back to my ear.

"What's up Juniper? Something happen?" She sounds concerned.

"Kane called?"

"OooOOh aaand?"

"We're going out tomorrow during Juniors piano practice."

"Oh my gosh! Yes! Where are you going?"

I laugh at her enthusiasm. "No idea. He's picking me up. Said to wear jeans and a jacket."

"He's taking you on his bike?!!"

I cringed as she yelled in my ear. "I think so. Why?"

"You've just never been on one. Don't even like em. But your gonna get on his?"

I shrugged. "Yeah I guess. I trust him."

"Aww Juniper that's great. You know I asked Bear about him."

"Really what'd he say?"

"Nothing much. He's not much of a talker."

I laughed. "Yeah I noticed." He basically just hi and bye when he comes to the shop.

"He said Kane's a good and honorable guy. One of the best he knows."

I nod. "That's good. That's the vibes I've gotten from him."

"Then what's that tone for? Why do you sound apprehensive?"

"Well... Kane isn't exactly the type of guy I've ever dated before. What if this is a huge mistake and blows up in my face?"

"Why compare? It's not like any of your past relationships were good ones."

"Hey!"

"Look I'm just saying that maybe you've never found the right guy because you've been looking at the wrong guys."

I was stunned at that. Her words ringing a cord with me. Thinking over my past dating attempts she mighty actually be right.

"Yeah. Yeah. Maybe. Thanks Sara. You've helped me be less anxious about this."

"Anytime boss. Oh and Bear offered to beat some sense into into Kane if you ever need it. Seems he likes you too."

I laugh "Tell him thank you and I'll keep that in mind."

"I will. Bye."

"Bye."