10

Here's another one!!! I'm not worrying much about editing anymore so that I can actually get updated out for you all. How are you liking it?

Please comment and vote. It gives me motivation to keep this story going in my spare time.
Thank you for being here and loving these two as much as I do.

I'd barely opened up the shop when the bell rung. Glancing up a smile spread across my face automatically. Kane. "Hey."

"Hey little flower." He made his way around the counter with quick long strides, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me. I stiffened for a moment in surprise then sank back into him. Resting against my, big, sweet, surely biker. 

"What are you doing here so early?" I loaded the receipt paper into the register, making sure it ran properly before ripping off the extra.

"I've got the day off." He rested his cheek against the top of my head. His thumbs rubbing little circles over my sides. Delicious tingles shot through me.

I shook my head playfully, trying to remember what else I needed to do. "So you decided to distract me from my work?"

"Mhhm." The rumble in his chest vibrated against my back, sending excited pleasure through me. What is this man? No one had ever made me feel this way with such simple, gentle actions. The pull I felt toward Kane was intoxicating, terrifying, and I somehow loved it.

"I love having you around Kane. But I do have some work to get done. Why don't you wait in my office?" I took a step away, or tried to anyways. His thick arms tightened around my small waist pulling me back into him, our bodies flushed together.

"Just let me hold you a little longer." He mumbled into my loose hair. His voice was off. I'm not really sure what it was, not knowing him that well yet, but it seemed that something was bothering him.

With my hands gliding along his bare arms I turned in his embrace, craning to look up into his eyes. In those big, handsome, green eyes there was something hidden below the normally relaxed something. Something dark . . . almost - sad?

"Kane what's wrong?"

He shook his head, "Nothing."

I rested my hand n his cheek, along his jaw. the hair from his beard scratching slightly, but not in an unpleasant way. "You can talk to me. I care abut you Kane, whatever it is I won't judge."

His eyes searched mine, moving back and forth. I stood there, silent and waiting.

"I just had a rough night. It's never easy seeing what people will do to kids."

So that's what happened. They rescued someone from traffickers again? I didn't ask for more details because honestly, I didn't want to know. One of my friends back to California raises money for non profits that fight against human trafficking. The stories she'll share on social media gave me enough knowledge to guess at what Kane was talking about.

"No. No I wouldn't think it does." I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him impossibly tighter to me. He buried his face in my hair, his beard tickling my ear.

He was so warm. It felt like I was cuddling into a big, loving sun. I don't know how long we stood there. Soaking in each others company and comfort. Our worries melting away. But eventually the bell rang and I pulled away. Scurrying over to help the customer. Kane leaned against the back counter, eyes trailing after me the whole time. Once the bell rang again and they were gone Kane's arms were back around me.

I smiled as he pulled me back into him. "Kane." I laughed. "I really do have work to do."

"Don't you have employees to do that? Your the boss delegate. Spend the day with me."

"Sara is in the back. Cleaning out all the dirty vases and no one else is scheduled until lunch when things pick up. I am the only one working the front right now." I argued, but didn't pull away either. My hands ran up and down his forearms. They so large and muscled, my tanned hands looked tiny against them.

He nuzzled against my ear. "Always so busy little flower." A shiver ran through me as his breath graced my ear.

I shrugged to hide the shiver. "I like staying busy."

He placed a kiss on top of my head and I stiffenedd in shock. Then smiled shyly as his arms around my waist loosened. "Okay. How can I help?"

~~~

For the next two weeks I felt more joy and unapologetic happiness than I'd felt in a long time. I haven't been this carefree since before my father died. Having to step in as a surrogate mother to Junior I've read many books on child psychology and childhood grief. They all in their own ways talked about the fulness that having both parental figures in a home brought. That while yes, a child would do well in a single parent home there would always be that void no matter how deep it was buried.

I thought it was a pile of old fashioned horse crap but seeing the change that I felt in myself and saw in Junior I wondered if it was true. If having a man in the house was an important component to one's happiness.  Cause he is in the house, in our family.

He'd come over every evening after school and work for dinner and stay late till I was falling asleep. Kane even helped Junior with his homework once with the science that I was never that good at. Coming in from the back garden with the fresh herbs for dinner I found them at the round kitchen table bent over Junior's worksheet.

I don't know what it was about Kane with a pencil in hand his wavy brown hair let down to his shoulders, explaining patiently and gently about the different types of clouds that got to me. But my ovaries lived that domestic scene, I don't think I'd ever found a man more attractive. I spent the rest the night with my thighs clenched together and by Kane's smug smirk he noticed.

That self aware hunk of a biker had learned how to make me flushed and flustered. And that jerk loved every second of it.

The weekends became my favorite time once again. The three of us would spend almost the entire day together, sometimes we'd steal moments alone if Junior went out to play with the neighborhood kids. Sundays Kane would come over after church and we would spend the rest of the day and night together. Just lazing around, being together.
Whenever Kane didn't get pulled away by club business of course. I was really questioning their title of club, I'd never heard of one that took such time and commitment.  But as long as Kane was mine I'd deal with whatever else came with the package.