Enemies

~Yeji pov~

"Hey Lia, you wanna come over tonight?" I asked one of my best friends.

"Is 'you know who' gonna be there?" She asked. She's referring to Ryujin, they hate each other now. We used to all be best friends and we'd hang out with each other all the time, but things have changed.

"No." I lied, I will also be lying to Ryujin about that as well. I just miss all three of us hanging out ok? It was so fun and now I never get any of that fun anymore because they're always ditching me when they find out the other's coming.

"Ok, I'll come... what time?"

"Like... 4." I shrugged.

"I'll be there a little later, I have volleyball." She nodded.

"Ok." I shut my locker and walked to class with her. When we opened the door we heard someone groan from behind it.

"Oops... I didn't see you there." Lia rolled her eyes, she hit Ryujin with the door.

"Bitch."

"Next time don't stand behind the door and maybe that won't happen." Lia sat down and glared at Ryujin.

"Don't..." I covered Ryujin's mouth. "... say anything."

"Ugh." She looked at Lia, I could see the hurt in her eyes, though she shook it off and acted cold again. We went to sit at our seats and start class, this will be a perfect time to ask her.

"Ryujin, you wanna come over tonight?" I whispered.

"Is she gonna be there?"

"Nope." Hehe.

"Ok, I'll just ride with you after school then." I nodded. This will be perfect, only one car will be in my driveway now when Lia arrives, it'll be the 'not letting them find out before school ends' that will be hard.

"Dude, I know you're sad... but you gotta stop staring at her." I nudged Ryujin. "It's been 2 years and you two still haven't talked."

"I know." She turned her back to me and looked out the window.

"Why don't you just explain what-"

"Yeji... stop." She shook her head and looked down at her paper. It's a sore subject for her, for both of them but they need to talk about it.

~3rd person pov~

Lia went to volleyball and Ryujin went to Yeji's house, and flopped on her couch with a bag of chips.

"Lia, what are you doing after practice?" One of her teammates asked.

"I'm going to Yeji's."

"Oh! That's what R-"

"Shut up Somi." Chaeryeong put her hand over her mouth and pulled her to the other side of the net. "Yeji doesn't want her to know Ryujin's going over there."

"Why?"

"Because if she knows, she won't go." She shrugged.

"Why?"

"You know why, don't act like you're a dumb dumb." 

"Ok." She nodded and faced the net as they started their practice. They practiced their hits and serves, then scrimmaged for the remainder of the time. Lia went into the locker rooms to change and walked out of the gym, getting stopped by someone.

"Yes Somi?" Lia sighed.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"5:30." She looked at the clock on the wall. "Why?"

"I was just wondering." She shrugged and walked away.

"Ok?" She went to her car and drove to Yeji's. "Thank god she didn't trick me this time." She sighed in relief when she only saw Yeji's car outside her house.

"Who's here?" Ryujin furrowed her eyebrows when she heard a knock at the door.

"Umm... I don't know." She shrugged and walked to the door. "H-hey."

"Hi." Lia walked in and stopped. "Bye."

"Nope." Yeji closed the door fast enough to stop Lia from walking.

"I thought you said she wasn't coming?" Lia crossed her arms. Yeji looked at Lia and then at Ryujin, who was tearing up.

"You two need to talk." She commanded. "It's been two years since that happened and you two still hate each other."

"There's nothing to talk a-"

"I'm gonna come back in an hour, if you haven't talked by the time I come back I'm gonna lock you in one of the rooms until you do." She turned around and walked out the door.

"Ye-" Lia stopped when the door shut and she felt arms wrap around her. "What are you doing?" She sighed.

"I didn't cheat on you." Ryujin squeaked out.

"Then what did I see that day?" She wiggled out of Ryujin's grasp and faced her.

"You saw me comforting Yuna because her parents got divorced." She looked down.

"And who's Yuna? I don't ever remember you mentioning that name around me when we were dating... it seems a little suspicious." She crossed her arms, waiting for a response.

"My cousin, on my dad's side." She frowned. "I was trying to tell you, but you looked so mad and sad and I didn't think you would believe me."

"Ryujin, I trusted you enough back then, you could've told me and we wouldn't have ended up like this." Lia started to tear up.

"I'm sorry Lia." Ryujin hugged her and cried on her shoulder. "I know I should've told you, I just couldn't. I was already too scared because you were breaking up with me."

"Ryujin."

"Please, give me another chance... I know you probably don't trust me anymore, but please I promise I won't lose your trust again." She begged. "I don't want you to hate me anymore."

"Ryujin." Lia pulled away from her hug and looked at her in her sad eyes. "I want you back, I love you and I miss you... I hate having to see you sad whenever you see me."

"You want me back? How come?"

"I just told you." Lia furrowed her eyebrows. "But I don't get why you waited for me, so many people asked you out after we broke up."

"Because..."

"Because?"

"I love you too much." She looked down at her feet, embarrassed.

"Don't be embarrassed Ryu." Lia moved the hair out of her face and made her look back at her. "I still love you too."

"..." They just looked into each other's eyes for a few minutes.

"Can you kiss me or something? I can't look into your eyes without wanting to." Ryujin glanced down at her lips, Lia just chuckled. "Like seriously... kiss me."

"You could kiss me." Lia rolled her eyes playfully.

"Liaaa." Ryujin whined. "I like it when you kiss me though."

"You kiss me, I want you to initiate first." Lia smirked, Ryujin narrowed her eyes and gently pinned Lia to the door, moving the hair out of her face.

"I did enough, now kiss me." Ryujin turned off her soft side.

"Fair enough." Lia shrugged and kissed Ryujin but it was short, she pulled out.

"Liaaa." Ryujin whined.

"There, I like your soft side more." She smiled and kissed her again. "I love you."

"I love you too." Ryujin hugged her and carried her to the couch. "Now time to cuddle."

"Alright." Lia chuckled as Ryujin spooned her.