Chapter 20: Can you forgive me?

Ethan's POV:

I was in the mess hall, after a long day taking "classes" with our squad leader, Ness. But I can't stop thinking about-

"Hey! Are you okay bro?"

"What? Oh yeah, I'm okay Jean."

"Bro, what are you looking at?"

I saw Jean turned around to see the table behind him.

"I'm just looking at the door. Because I'm waiting for Annalise to walk in." I lied...I was looking at Mikasa...

"Oh...soo you two...are talking again?"

"Well no. I'm trying to get my shit together and talked to her...but I don't know."

"You need to talk to her. Bro, she's your little sister."

Jean was right. I need to talked to her.

(3 minutes later)

"Can we talk?"

A sweet voice stopped me. I looked around .

"Mikasa"

"Can we talk Ethan?"

"Of course."

We haven't talked since our encounter....I wasn't regretting it but I don't know if she was.

"Ethan...I'm sorry about what I did...I understand that you feel awkward because of me. I let myself free and I showed you what I feel for you...I-"

"Wait. Do you regret it?"

"What?! No! That wasn't my point...is that you were avoiding me and I feel like you regret it..."

"Mika...I don't regret it at all. I feel the same way as you...forgive me if I avoid you but that wasn't my intention."

She got close to me and when we were going to kiss...

"No. Fucking. Way!"

"Mia...let's go..."

Mikasa and I turned around and saw Mia and Sasha looking at us.

"Are you two dating?"

"Umm Mia...let's go!"

"What? No! They need to answered my question!"

"Mia..."

"What's your problem Ethan?! You can go around and kiss Mikasa but you can't go and talked with your sister?! Are you for real?!" Mia was yelling at me.

"Mia this is not-"

"Shut up Ackerman." Mia yelled at Mikasa.

"Let me made myself clear...I don't give a fuck who you date or fuck with, but if you can go around and fuck or date, YOU FOR SURE CAN GO AND APOLOGIZE TO YOUR SISTER! Don't be a fucking asshole and do your fucking big brother job!"

"Mia-" I was going to replied back to her-

"Let's go Sasha."

Mia and Sasha were already leaving.

"I'm sorry Ethan..."

"It's okay Mika. See you around. Love you." I gave Mikasa a short kiss.

I found myself walking straight to Annalise's room... I knocked 3 times but there were no answer...

"She's not there."

I turned myself around and saw uncle Levi.

I made my salute. "Where is she?"

"She's at the medical bay."

"What?! What happened to her?!"

"She's alright. She bled out. Her injury opened and made her pass out. Right now she's sleeping."

"How are you so sure that she's alright? With all due respect, but why her injury reopen?!"

"Ethan. She's alright and I am sure because I have been with her since the incident. And about why her wound reopen is not your business and I have to do the report. Excuse me."

I ran as fast I can to the medical bay.

"Hey Ethan. I imagine you are here for Annalise. She's at the room number 2 ."

"Thanks Hange!"

I entered her room and Eren was holding her hand...

"Oh..hi Ethan."

"Umm...hi."

"Hey Eren...can you leave us alone?"

"Oh, yeah of course!"

Eren stand up from his chair, he looked at Annalise one last time and walked away.

I sat on the chair and looked at Annalise, I was looking at her while she was breathing...making sure that she was alright.

(1 hour later)

I fell asleep waiting for Annalise to wake up. I opened my eyes and saw her looking at me.

"You are awake..." I told her while I was brushing my hair with my hands.

"Yeah...and you too."

"How are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks for asking. But can we cut the crap so you can go ahead and start yelling at me again."

"No.."

"Then leave."

"No. I'm here to apologize."

"I don't want to hear about it."

"Guess what? I don't care. Here I go... Annalise I'm sorry about everything I said to you. I know that it wasn't your fault and still I blame you. I was hurt and I felt like a failure...and I know that, that is not an excuse to treat you like that. I'm sorry! I'm truly sorry. You know that I love you a lot...you are my another half. My only little sister."

"I forgive you dummy. I was and still a little bit angry with you...but I understand you....and i want to apologize too. I didn't not meant to make you feel like that or anyone....but-but I also want to apologize for stopping you from doing what you really wanted. You wanted to be a professor...and look at you right now....with an scout uniform...I'm so sorry Ethan!"

Annalise started to cry...it wasn't her fault or dad's fault...I choose this...it was my choice.

"Annalise...it's not your fault. Dad's neither. I choose this. Yes, I wanted to be a professor...but I choose to be here. So stop apologizing for that."

"But-you supposed to be a professor!"

"Shhh...stop."

"But-"

"But nothing Annalise. Just leave it. It was my decision."

"Okay..."

"Well, I hope you get up from here soon, because tomorrow is our first expedition!"

"I totally forgot about that! But Hange said that I'm fine. I can leave in a couple of more hours."

"Alright then... I would like to stay more...but I have stuff to do."

"Okay.

"Eren will be here soon so than you don't feel lonely. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

I gave her a forehead kiss and left her room.

—————————————————————————-
Hellooo!😚
I hope you guys enjoy it!🤩