chapter 5

It was finally Mr.Monroe's birthday, and I still had to walk to his house without Tommy.My father and I were still mad at each other, but I couldn't turn down going out for this one time since my grounding. Tommy didn't make it in time to visit Mr. Monroe on his birthday because Tommy had sprained his leg in the rugby match. I rode my bike to Mr. Monroe's house with the cake in my basket. I finally got to his cabin, and in the yard was his AMC gremlin,no lights?
I thought he was just napping. So I went to knock on his door, until I saw the inside of his house. Shania grimmes? Shania was a friend of Tennisha. She was tied to a chair, with duct tape on her mouth.I dropped the cake, and backed away. As I backed away, Mr. Monroe must have heard the sound of the cake drop because he looked out the window, and saw me,
Mr. Monroe headed for the door. I ran as fast as I could go! Sweat pored down my face, my heart heated fast, I suddenly tripped. I twisted my ankle, but I managed to hide behind a bush before Mr. Monroe could see me.
" Come here, sweetheart, I just wanna talk." He said as he looked up and down to find me.
I couldn't help but breath hard, but it was loud enough for Mr. Monroe to hear. Once he spotted me, I put up a fight, and struggled for what felt like hours. Mr. Monroe pulled out a needle, and jabbed it into my arm. All of the sudden,my eye lids felt heavy, and I soon found my self drifting away in a cloud.
A couple of days went by, and I was sitting in a dark room, sleep deprived. I hadn't seen anyone except Mr. Monroe. A tall figure walked in, abruptly and I began to sob.
" Hunter?! Are you working with this crook? No, no, it can't be true." I said out of disbelief.
Behind Hunter was Mr. Monroe. " yes, my dear girl, your lover boy and I are quite the crooks!"
I wanted to strangle Mr. Monroe, but the ropes tied up around my arms and legs wouldn't budge.
Mr. Monroe explained to me that him and his son, Hunter, had been killing girls for years. He told me about all the video cameras placed in my house, and how ever since he met me three years ago, he had planned on kidnapping me since then. Hunter was just as bad, he leared me into trusting him, and when Hunter got close enough to me, he installed cameras in my house, to spy on me!
Mr. Monroe disided it was nap time for me, and stuck my arm with yet another needle.
" please Mr. Monroe..... I just wanna go home." I said before the drugs kicked in.
Right before falling asleep, Mr. Monroe whispered into my ear. " Call me Bob!" He snickered.
He was B. M all along.