A welcoming feast!

LUCAS POV:

As I stepped out of Massimos truck and into the grass I wiggled my toes. I had to wear shoes at school. But now I could go barefooted. I went and sat at the table figuring alberto and Giulia would have been right behind me but they weren't.

"Ohh lucaa!! We missed you so muchh!!", my mother says pulling me into a big hug.

"H-hey momma!!", I say patting her back.

As I try to slowly but surely wiggle away my grandma and dad come and group hug me.

"Oh luca!! You've sure grown!!!", grandma says turning my head looking at each side of my face.

"My my look at his feet!!", dad points.

"Yeah dad its normal. Its called growing", I say wiggling out of their grasp.

As I walk backwards I bump into somebody causing me to land on my back and then hovering over the top of me.

I didnt see it was alberto until I opened my eyes.

"A-alberto! I am so so sorry!", I say getting up dusting off my shorts.

"I-its fine luka", he says doing the same.

"Come on you two ! Were waiting on you guys to eat!!", Giulia says sitting down in her seat.

Me and alberto sit down in chairs aswell right beside across from eachother.

"Si bless, Gracias!", Massimo says finishing blessing the food.

"Dig in!", Giulia says hastily picking up her fork

I pick my up slowly still trying to remember I how to pick up noodles right.

I look straight ahead in front of me at alberto.

Hes twisting a bit of noodles.
As he picks it up and goes to put it in his mouth he stops and looks at me.

I could feel the blush seeping through and onto my cheeks so I looked away.

I couldn't help but look at alberto secretly. He looked so different and grown up, and taller, and his voice sounded different, and his body frame changed. He was all more muscular now.

It was hard not to stare but somehow I finished my dinner in a timely manner.