Something Different on my Mind.

ERCOLE'S POV:

As I parked my Vespa in my driveway I walked inside my house and plopped down on my bed. I could hear my roommates Cullen, and Chris in the living room playing video games.

"Who knew they were back in the race?! They can't win. They can't win. I must win. I will win.", I thought to myself

Suddenly Chris walks in.

"Wheres Cullen?", I ask.

"He went to go buy some new harpoons.", chris says walking into the bathroom.

I grin evily. Those harpoon will come in handy. Suddenly my plan in my head altered. I knew exactly how to win the race. And it evolved sweet, sweet revenge.

LUCA'SPOV:

Its currently 6 days before the race and every morning i get reminded on how closer we are to the portorroso cup.

"Good morning!, Giulia shouts. "Only 6 more days until the cup!!"

I yawn stretching out my legs.

Seeing Ercole at the beach yesterday boiled my bubble. The way he looked at Alberto made me feel funny. No I wasn't jealous...it was just he looked pure evil when he looked at alberto.

"Bye yall, im going fishing with massimo!", I hear alberto yell walking out of the door.

GIULIA'S POV:

*At the table*

Luca just kept picking at his food, I wondered what was on his mind.

"Luca", I ask. "Whats troubling you?"

"Nothing just thinking about alberto-"

He said it too fast before he could stop himself.

"Lucaa!!!", I squeal. "Why don't you just make a move or tell him?"

"Im scared to ask, the only time hes ever really tried to show signs he likes me is the other night when we cuddled.", luca explains.

Hmm luca is more clueless than I thought. Alberto is always catching glances at luca. Hes blushed around luca before. I mean they've slept in the same bed before!!

"Alrighty, I guess we'll just have to wait and see", I say turning around facing the door. I grin as I walk outside.

"Where are you going Giulia!!", luca asks.

"To set up the dinner table!!", she yells back from outside. "We are having a 4th of July Dinner tonight".

LUCA'S POV:

Righttt. I forgot today was independence day.

I head upstairs to get dressed.

Since I have time to spare I decided I was gonna go to albertos tower on the island.

"Hey Giulia im headed out! I'll be back before dinner!!", I say walking out and closing the gate behind me.

ALBERTO'S POV:

As I walked back into the gate I saw Giulia setting up the table. With plates and forks on it. I didnt see luca though.

"Hey Giulia?", I ask. She looks at me. "Wheres luca?"

"He told me he was heading out", she says. "Didn't tell me where though"

Huh. Is he okay I thought.

LUCA'S POV:

As I walked down a road getting closer to the water I decided I was going to take a shortcut.

I wish I didn't. As soon as I turned a corner in an alleyway I saw Ercole and 2 other boys I haven't seen around before.

He eyes land on me and they light up.

"Well well well if it isn't little luca", ercole says walking towards me.

I walk backward as much as he walks forward.

Suddenly my back hits a wall.

Dammit. Im trapped.

"What do you want ercole!!, I say wanting our encounter to be over with already.

"You have no idea luca", ercole grins.

Suddenly he grabs both of my wrist in both of his hands and pins me against the wall.

I was so scared I couldn't move.

Suddenly ercole moves his head slowly from in front of my face to my neck.

And he whispers in my ear.

"Watch it, you'll never know whats coming", he hisses

Suddenly one of the people with Ercole gives me a blow to my stomach.

"Ah-, fuck!", I whisper under my breath as I hold my stomach.

I dont know how I made it to the water in a fast time but I did.

As I swam in the water I didn't think about the pain in my stomach. I thought about what ercole said.

"Watch your back, you'll never know whats coming"

Worried me. But ercole didn't really scare me. I mean come on I beat him last year in the race.

As I swam up and out of the water. I looked at the tower.

It looked different.

As I climbed up the tower I saw it.

His tower was a wreck broken peices of equipment laying everywhere. Paper strung across the floor. Different thing ripped and soaked in wat-

My thought was interrupted as I slipped and fell forward my stomach coming in direct contact with a peice of glass. Not super big. But big enough to cut inside of me.

"AHHH", I cried out. I had to get up and out of the broken glass. I stood up and saw the blood on the floor. No no no no no!

I looked down at my stomach blood seeping through my shirt.

So much blood. Oh I think I'm gonna pass out.

It was late afternoon I had to hurry and get back to Giulias.

I had to swim with one hand the other hand covering my stomach.

"Fuckk", I thought it hurt so bad.

As i made my way out of the water I was starting to feel dizzy. Nnngh keep going luca.

I didnt want anyone to see my wound so I took backways and alleyways to Giulias house. I went through the back gate just in case someone might have been sitting at the table already.

In the backyard was a garden no one should be back there right?

I looked down once more. There were dribbles of blood on my feet. It hurt so bad I wanted to pass out.

When I opened the gate, there was alberto watering the garden. I felt dizzy and wanted to pass out and I did.