~The beginning~

Heights (NOT CANON):

Nightmare: 1.72m (5'6 ft)

Killer: 1.65m (5'4ft)

Horror: 1.96m (6'4ft)

Murder: 1.63m (5'3ft)

Dark, empty, freezing, frightening, and so the list could go on and on. All talking about the same thing. A castle. Completely black. Made from bricks of a volcanic eruption. Torches barely gave any light to assist in the never-ending night. And the inside was worse.

A mace of death. You could hide, you could run. But you could not escape his cyan gaze. And while he wouldn't go after you. His slaves would.

Two brothers separated at a young age. Only for them to become mortal enemies.

But the castle wasn't cruel to everyone. Nor was the lord who resided within the castle. Only a chosen few, could see another side. A stranger side.

"Come in!"

Nightmare froze. All the female doctors were on vacation today. Their mortal bodies needed rest before they could continue working. He frowned and opened the door. His tentacles swayed above him. Ready for the attack.

There stood a young woman. A... human? Nightmare despised humans. He swore to make every single one of them slaves. To suffer a worse fate than other monsters. None of them were allowed to have proper jobs.

"What are you doing h-"

"He's perfectly fine, just needs a lot of rest. He has pushed his limit and experienced quite a few of hits. Make sure he rests, mortals nowadays don't take proper care of themselves" She interrupted as she rolled her eyes.

"WHO ARE YOU!?" Nightmare demanded.

"Someone" she smiled and started laughing loudly.

Suddenly Nightmare's vision started going darker. He blinked around and moved away from the human who stood in front of him. But the world only darkened around him. And soon only darkness covered his eyes.

"A have a challenge for your selfish highness" the human voice echoed, and she chuckled. "You seem to care a lot for Killer, so what if you too... got closer to each other?"

*STOP THIS*

"You can't talk you little brat! Jajajajaja! Follow the challenges for only a month, or face the consequences"

~

Nightmare sat up gasping. He had never felt so... weak. So.. scare-. NO. It had just been a dream. He would be okay. His hand tightly grabbed his shirt. Cold sweat trickled down his forehead. Had that been a warning? Foreshadowing? He gave a harsh breath.

Where was he? Oh... he was currently sitting on a chair. He blinked a few times and looked around. Next to him sat Killer. Still sleeping. His mortal body was still weak from what he could see.

His tentacles immediately started hovering over Killer. Bringing his bright red soul up to Nightmare's hand. He checked it. Nothing. It was perfectly fine. Perfectly healthy.  His stats didn't say much either.

Slowly he allowed the soul to float back to his owner. And to pale boney hands received it.

"Nightmare?"

The lord looked towards his subordinate. His one cyan eye stared straight at the other.

"You won't believe the dream I just had"

The lord sighed. It seemed that what he had seen hadn't been a dream.

December 22, 2022