~Day 17: Dealing with children~

The amount of negativity that Nightmare could feel was strange but unique. He decided to take Killer with him. Currently, both were walking through an endlessly blank au. The Void, or one of the thousands of voids that there is in the au.

It was endless, but the negativity was getting stronger. So Nightmare persisted. Finally, after pointless walking, a figure started coming to form. A small skeleton. Sat crying.

"Hello," Nightmare asked.

The small skeleton immediately looked up, scattering away as he looked at Nightmare and Killer.

"Wh-who are you!? How did you get in here!" the young skeleton gasped.

Achievement of the day! Dealing with children

Nightmare and Killer looked at each other. Killer shrugged and looked back at the kid. Nightmare sighed and looked over at the kid.

"Well... child?" Nightmare said softly "Why are you alone?"

"U-um... mmy fa-ather forgot about me" the child said nervously.

"What's you name? And who is your father?" Killer asked curiously.

"I... I go by Gradient" the kid responded, he seemed to be around 7 years old.

"Well, hello Gradient" Nightmare said.

"My father... he's name is Ink" Gradient said, sadness slipping through his words.

And exactly then, both Nightmare and Killer froze. Now that they looked closer, this was probably one Errors and Inks another magic child. Which was noticeable but... it was strange.

Because regardless of what Error said, he did still care for his children. IN his own way of course. But with PJ he was rarely seen walking the child in the least known aus or the newer aus. Normally both Error and the child were covered. So it wouldn't be wrong to say that maybe it wasn't always PJ who he took for a walk.

"Does your other parent go by Error? If so, please follow me" Nightmare said gently.

(never follow a stranger kids, especially a goopy skeleton, sorry, I mean an octopus. Don't follow octopuses)

"Um, no... I... Error will come to look for me either way" Gradient whispered.

"Let me guess, afterwards he's going to scream at Ink for forgetting you" Killer suddenly said, gaining a glare from Nightmare.

Gradient on the other hand froze but nodded. He did seem a bit ashamed about that. Tears started forming again.

Nightmare gently walked forward and kneeled down. Trying to become as small as the child. A way to make the adult seem friendlier and kinder. Less evil regardless of how they looked.

"When we get to my castle I promise you can call your father," Nightmare said.

Killer looked at Nightmare in confusion. But that didn't last for long. The dark lord signaled Killer to pick Gradient, which he did. Then he proceeded to open up a portal. By which all three headed towards Nightmares castle.

Gradient, regardless of the fear he felt. Did nothing, instead he just clinged onto Killer. It had been so long since he had last been carried. The young skeleton closed his eyes as they kept walking.

"Here Gradient," Nightmare's voice came "You may call your father"

"O-oh" the young skeleton only blinked a few times. Before reaching over towards the phone.

"Ni-ightmmmmare I-I-I sw-wear-""Papa?"

"GRADIENT!? W-WHAT @-RE YuO D0!NG IN N!GHTTTTM@RES CASTLE!?" A horrible static came from the phone.

The child didn't flinch. He seemed perfectly fine with the horrible sound emitting from the sound. Gradient seemed... almost calm.

"Papa, I'm okay... Father... he forgot me in the void... Nightmare rescued me!"

"0f c0urs3 he d!d..."

A few seconds later a glitched portal ripped into existence, and out of the portal came none other than Error. Killer allowed Gradient to go down. The young child ran up to their 'papa'. They cling onto their arm, somehow not causing Error to complete quickly and reboot.

"Gradient, your p@p@ h@s to do s0meth!ng imp0rt@nt..." Error says softly.

Both Nightmare and Error stared at each other. A hateful stare. Filled with rage and uneasiness.

"I'll take the kid, we'll be in the main living room," Killer said.

Extending his arm for the kid to grab. Error, nervously, coaxed Gradient to follow Killer. After a few seconds of silence, Gradient finally let go and took Killers hand.

The skeleton guided the young boy to the main living room. It was quite the walk from where they had currently been. It was a nice walk though. Finally, they reached the living room. Where Killer turned on the TV and put the most kid-friendly thing he could find.

Both sat there staring at the TV...

"Um... Killer?" Gradient asked.

"Yeah?" Killer said as he concentrated on the kid's show.

"I'm hungry..." Gradient said nervously.

"Oh" Killer looked away from the TV. "Follow me, we can go to the kitchen and get some snacks.

"Can we teleport?" Gradient asked.

"Aren't young skeletons weak to continuous teleportation or something like that?" Killer asked.

"Not me! I'm a big boy!" Gradient declared as he fixed his glasses.

"Ah, I see. Well then, come on" Killer said as he extended his arm.

A few seconds later, they were both standing in the kitchen. Killer let go of Gradient and grabbed some snacks. He put them all on the table and allowed Gradient to choose.

The kid sat at the counter and started eating some snacks excitedly. Suddenly, he started speaking to Killer. For a while, Killer was a bit confused about how comfortable Gradient was around him. That's until he remembered who were his parents. And how this was somehow the most calmness the kid had ever experienced in his life.

Killer smiled gently, a strange feeling of... gladness. Happiness? Whatever it was. It made him happy to be around Gradient. He liked the kid, maybe he'd be willing to babysit Gradient...

They where silent but would talk from time to time. Small and cute, shy, a bit awkward. But the kid was young.

Eventually, though, it ended. Nightmare came back...

"Come on Gradient, Error's taking you home" Nightmare spoke up.

Slowly his tentacles wrapped around the child, the young one did not fret. He just giggled as he was raised above the ground. Killer followed. When Gradient noticed he waved toward Killer as he laughed.

Finally, they reached where Error stood. He looked pissed as he glared at Nightmare. Killer stopped at the doorway. He didn't want Error to be too nervous or tense. So he kept his distance.

As Error held Gradient, the young kid waved goodbye.

Dealing with children, day 20: complete

____________

I like how your hair looks ❤️‍🔥