12.

↑garden (my edit sucks)↑

Rowan's POV

I scanned the garden, hoping that it was just my imagination, but it wasn't.

"What happened?!" I asked shocked.

Simon seemed to be as shocked as i was. "I have no idea," he answered, while looking around the garden like i was.

I sat down in the middle, where the flowers were, but are now pulled out. I looked over the garden. There were holes on the ground, chalk drawings on the walls, and the flowers were all pulled out. I brought my knee up to my chest, and rested my head on them.

"Who would do such a thing?" I mumbled quietly, my voice cracking ever so slightly.

Simon came and sat right next to me. He placed his arm around me, which made me blush, but luckily my face was hidden. "Don't worry Rowan, we can fix the garden together." He suggested.

I looked up at him, "you would take your time just to fix up an old garden for me?"

He looked at me, our eyes locking together, "of course, this is our little place."

I smiled at Simon, and hugged him tightly. He was shocked at first, but then hugged me back tightly. "Thank you Simon," i whispered into his ear. We sat together in the ruined garden. "Simon, I haven't seen your siblings in a while, may i go see them now?" I asked.

He looked over at me, "of course, come on lets go," he said getting up, and offering his hand to me. I took his hand, and got up. We walked together out of the garden, and to Simon's house. Once Simon opened the door, i see the same lady, Nanny McPhee, with the children in the family room. They all looked down at our hand, and i noticed that we were still holding hands. I quickly let go, trying to hide my blush. The kids smirked, and Nanny McPhee had a smile on her face. "Hey," i greeted.

"Hey Rowan," they all said in unison. I walked over to where Tora was sitting. There was an empty space there, so i sat down. Everyone began conversing with each other. I sat there all lonely, so i just went to go talk to Evangeline again. I walked around the house until i see her in the kids room, folding clothes.

"Hi Evangeline."

She looked up, "hey Rowan."

I walked up next to her, and began helping with her chores.

"Rowan, you don't have to," she said.

"But i want to," i answered. "So, how are you and Mr. Brown?"

She looked down sadly, "he's looking for a wife, and he's been very stressful."

I looked over at her, "this is your chance, you could be his wife."

She continued to look down at the ground, "i'm just a servant."

I looked at her shocked, "Evangeline, don't say that, you're more than just a servant."

She smiled at me, "thanks Rowan, but I don't think he's interested."

I looked at her bewildered, "i know that deep down, he loves you. I could see it in his eyes, and i'll do whatever i can to prove it," i retorted. Out of the corner of my eye i see a tiny hint of black, and i knew exactly that Nanny McPhee had heard our conversation.

"That's sweet Rowan, but somethings just aren't meant to be," Evangeline muttered. "Now, i have to go help with supper, but i'll talk to you some other time."

I watched her leave. I needed Mr. Brown to somehow show that he liked her. I knew he had feelings for her, he looks at her, the way i look at Simon, with complete admiration.

Nanny McPhee's POV

I was just sitting in the living room, but then I noticed Rowan leaving, i followed her. She walked into the children's room, and began helping Evangeline with her chores.

"Rowan, you don't have to."

"But, i want to," Rowan answered softly. I looked at her curiously. She may possibly be the most respectful child i've met. They began talking about Mr. Brown.

"I know that deep down, he loves you. I could see it in his eyes, and i'll do whatever i can to prove it," Rowan protested. Evangeline told her something, and then left. I poked my head back in the doorway, to see Rowan sitting on one of the beds. She was deep in thought. I walked in, and she seem to snap out of her daydream.

"Hello, Nanny McPhee," she greeted.

"Hello, Rowan," i greeted back. "I heard you conversation with Evangeline," i said to her.

She looked at me, "i know, i kind of saw your black hat."

I chuckled, "well you seem very determined about getting Mr. Brown to marry Evangeline."

Rowan sighed, "i am, i just want Evangeline to live happily ever after."

I smiled at her, "well i believe a girl, as strong and as clever as you, will be able to make that happen."

She grinned at me, "thanks Nanny McPhee!"

"We should go downstairs, suppers almost ready, and you don't want your parents to worry about you."

"Alright," she answered. She then left. I thought to myself. She's a very curious girl. Usually when i'm the nanny of an adopted child, the child is usually rude, but Rowan is not. She's very sympathetic and caring. I was bewildered about her manners. She's nothing like the other kids that are her age... I think she has the potential to change the Brown's manners.

 I think she has the potential to change the Brown's manners

Sorry 4 the late update