2.

↑Rowan's room↑

Rowan's POV

I walked into the house, and i was greeted by the smell of honey and apple pie. I took a look around my new home.

"Mum, dad this house is beautiful," i said.

"Why thank you Rowan. Oh and your room is upstairs all the way down the hall to your right," mum said.

"Alright." i picked up my backpack and headed upstairs. When i reached my new room, i was amazed, my new bedroom was elegant. There was a bed with white sheets and different small pillows, a big cupboard, and many other things. The cupboard seem to have clothes in it already. There was also a big window with a nice view of our yard.

From a small old room to this? I suddenly felt very overwhelmed, but i am so thankful for all of the nice things that Mrs. and Mr. Winegar have provided for me.

I took a peek out the window and i could see the boy that was staring at me at their window. Luckily he wasn't paying any attention to my window. After sitting at the window for about 10 minutes i got up. "Mum, are the clothes in the cupboard suppose to be for me?" I asked.

"Yea sweetie. We bought them because we planned on adopting a girl a while ago," she answered.

"Okay. Thanks mum and dad," i answered.

"Alright sweetie go get changed," father said.

"Why, where are we going?"

"You are going to meet your new neighbors," mum responded.

"Ok." My heart fluttered at the thought of getting to meet the boy. I went and got changed into a beautiful baby blue dress that i saw in the cupboard. It was just a little too big, but i still liked it. The clothes that i owned before, were all cotton trousers and teeshirts and i didn't want to look bad in front of the neighbors so i chose a dress. I put on some white flat sandals. After i finished changing, I went downstairs.

"I'm ready," i said.

"Oh honey, you look gorgeous," mummy complimented. She looked over to father who was on the phone. "Rowan you should walk over there for now. We will be over just as soon as your father finishes his call."

"Okay mother."

"Be safe okay. I promise we will be over there as soon as possible."

I stepped out the door. I was walking over to the neighbors house, and i wasn't really paying attention because i was looking down at the ground. All of a sudden my back collided with the hard dirt ground, and i heard screaming.

"THEY ATE THE BABY! THEY ATE THE BABY!!" screamed a lady that was running, and she pushed me down without even saying sorry.

"Ow," i groaned. My head sorta hurt now, and i had a little cuts and scrapes on my elbows. After laying there for about a minute or so someone spoke.