5.

↑The Secret Garden↑

Rowan's POV

Mother dragged father and i out of the house. She was squeezing my wrist, and it really hurt. She finally reached the front door, and swung it opened. Once we stepped into the house mother slammed the door shut.

"I HATE THOSE CHILDREN, AND SOON ENOUGH ROWAN WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE THEM!!!!" She yelled to father.

"Yes they went too far but..." he was interrupted by mother yelling again.

"YOU KEEP DEFENDING THOSE INCONSIDERATE CHILDREN! THEY DON'T HAVE ANY MANNERS WHAT SO EVER! SOMEONE HAS OUGHT TO TEACH THEM!"

"Ok, but can we speak when Rowan isn't here," father looked over at me.

"Rowan go upstairs, and go straight to bed."

"Alright mum and dad. Goodnight." Mum ignored me, and dad answered with a simple 'night.' I went up to my room, and went straight to bed, but i wasn't able to sleep. My mind wandered with questions "am i ever going to see the Brown's again?"

Simon's POV

After my siblings all went to sleep i opened up the window that was right next to my bed. From a distance i could still see a dim light on in Rowan's room. I grabbed a pebble near my window, and threw it lightly at her window, making sure i don't break anything. After a couple seconds i see her head pop out the window. I wrote something on a piece of paper, folded it into an airplane, and flew it over to her window. Our houses weren't far apart, so it was easier to aim it straight at her window. She caught it, and begun reading my message.

Rowan's POV

I was still thinking while laying in bed when suddenly there was a tap at the window. I looked out the window, and i saw Simon at his window. He begun writing something on a piece of paper, and suddenly there is a paper airplane coming towards my window. I caught it, and slowly unfolded it. It read:

'Hey, i'm sorry about what we did to your mother, we aren't exactly fond of her.'

I walked to my desk, and grabbed my pencil. I begun writing.

'It's fine. Uh may i ask why you guys don't like her?' I flew the airplane back to his window. He begun scribbling more words.

'She's just really snobby, and as you can see she is rude to us. Always talking about how we have no manners.'

We continued passing notes until it was at least midnight. I finally ended our airplane messages by writing 'goodnight.'

After closing my window again I laid back down. Maybe the whole window breaking situation isn't the reason of mom hating the Brown's i thought. I begun drifting to sleep slowly.

Next morning

I woke up early because today i have another class. I finally finished my story, and i was ready to talk about it to Mrs. Todd. After i finished brushing my teeth, i hear a quite knock at the door.