20.

↑my manip on point↑

Rowan's POV

"It's Evangeline," Mr. Brown smiled.

Evangeline was now standing in front of all of us.

"May I present my adopted daughter Evangeline Stitch," Aunt Stitch said.

There was a moment of silence. Mr. Brown was smiling at Evangeline. Aunt Stitch said something, but I didn't hear because i was just staring at Evangeline. Maybe there is a way i could change things.

Mrs. Quickly walked away with Aunt Stitch, and of course she was trying to impress Mrs. Stitch.

The cook stared at Evangeline shocked.

"Delectable to see you again Madame," Evangeline said formally. "And how nice to see the young people," she said.

"Welcome back, Evangeline," Mr. Brown smiled, "you look well, are you well?" He seemed nervous.

"I am most content," she said courtly. "You must be very happy to marry again," she seem troubled as she said that, but covered it up quickly.

"I'm... ah," Mr. Brown stuttered nervously, "how would you put it?"

"I'm so glad," Evangeline spoke interrupting Mr.Brown. Then, Aunt Stitch called for Evangeline.

"Excuse me," Evangeline spoke, and then she walked away slowly.

"Are you sure that's Evangeline? It doesn't look anything like her," Seb asked.

"Non sense, she has always looked like that," Mr. Brown spoke.

We all looked at him.

Aunt Stitch walked in with Evangeline, "well lets get the wedding started."

-Time Skip-

I sat on the chair, while the musicians were just about to began playing the wedding song. Simon was sitting next to me, and gripping my hands tightly.

Then, the violinist began playing, while Mrs. Quickly attempted to look graceful walking down the aisle of the secret garden. As Mrs. Quickly made it to the middle of the aisle, everyone stood up. Simon continued to grip my hand.

I looked around the crowd, mum and dad looked at Mrs. Quickly weirdly. Everyone else seemed as if they hated Mrs. Quickly.

"What can we do? There has to be another way," Simon whispered to Nanny McPhee, who was standing next to Simon.

Out of the corner of my eyes i see Mrs. Quickly glaring at Simon, "behave," she hissed lowly.

I guess Aggie misunderstood Mrs. Quickly, and instead of behave Aggie said, "bee hive."

"You must do what you are told," Nanny McPhee hinted, yet I couldn't understand what she meant.

As Mrs. Quickly walked closer she kept whispering for us to behave, and yet Aggie continues to say 'bee hive.'