4

You and Sayoko sat across from each other that night at dinner. She dared not say a word for fear she would anger you further more. In the short time, like a day or so, she had learned you adored the stars in the sky. Why? She didn’t know. 

        You were gradually calming down with each bite of spaghetti you took. It was your favorite  meal after all. It was easy to make and delicious. You loved spaghetti almost as much as you loved the stars.

        Glancing up, you saw Sayoko across from you. Her appearance made you let out a small giggle that caught her attention.

        “Whats so funny?” she asked. Her asking just made it even more funny so you burst into a fit of giggles at the sight of her. Sayoko merely pouted and crossed her arms over her chest.

After calming down you answered her. “You have spaghetti sauce all over your face.”

        Sayoko felt her face heat up from embarrassment. She quickly excused herself and ran to the bathroom to wash her face. You chuckled and gathered the dishes and cleaned them.

“Sayoko,” you called.

The small girl came back into the dining room. “Yeah?”

        “I’ll be leaving tomorrow and won’t be back for a couple days. I asked a… friend’s parent if they could babysit, so you’re going over there tomorrow morning.” you explained to her. 

        Sayoko slumped her shoulders. “Ok.” she honestly wanted to spend more time with you. She saw you as her sister and as a role model. Sayoko wanted to be just like you when she grew up.

        “Now go shower before I get in there and use up all the hot water. Wouldn’t want to take a cold shower now.” you grinned as she took off to the bathroom once more. 

~Timeskip~ 

        The next morning you called Deidara’s parents. They said it was ok to bring her over whenever you wanted.

Together, you and Sayoko, made your way to Deidara’s house.

“Can I knock?” she asked.

        You nodded her head and allowed her to knock on the door. His mother opened the door seconds later and stepped aside to let them inside the house.

        “Thank you for babysitting Sayoko here. I won’t be back for a couple days.” you told her. “Here’s her bag of clothes and some coloring books to keep her entertained.”

        “Oh no problem! After bailing Deidara out, this is the least I can do.” she smiled at Sayoko. “She can actually sleep in Deidara’s room tonight. He left again and hasn’t been home since yesterday.”

        “Oh. I see. Well i’ll be off now.” you put your hand on Sayoko’s head. “You be good. Don’t be giving her any trouble now.”

“I won’t!” she promised.

“Alright see you tomorrow afternoon!” you left the house. “Now to look for Deidara.” 

        It only took an hour to find the blonde haired idiot. He was,once again, with his ‘friends’ and they were getting ready to pick on, yet another, poor student from school. Grumbling you walked right through their group, grabbed Deidara’s wrist, and continued walking. 

“H-hey!” Deidara protested. “Let go of me!”

“You’re coming with me.” you stated simply. 

“Where?” 

“Out of town.” you replied.

“Why?”

“You need time away from them,” you said, referring to his group.

        Deidara said nothing and allowed you to drag him away from his friends. You called for a taxi and told him where you were going.

        It was a long 3 hours of silence before you arrived at the hotel in the next town over. You climbed out of the car and grabbed your bag. You paid the driver and booked a hotel room.

        “One room please. Preferably with two beds.” you slapped the money on the counter as the clerk gave you the key to your room. You thanked her and went to the room where you set your bag down.

“So why did you drag me along?” he asked sitting down on the edge of one of the beds.

        “I told you. You need time away from them. And by them I mean your friends and parents.” you explained.

“Oookkkkk. So what are we going to do?”

        “First. We are going shopping.” you told him. “We’re going to need a some things for tonight.” you headed for the door. Deidara followed after you.

“What are we buying exactly?” he asked.

“A blanket, pillows, probably bug spray and some snacks,” you told him.

“What have you got planned?”

“Stargazing.” you smiled at him.