6

What was it about him that drew you to him? It was the same pull you felt whenever you went stargazing. Your heart yearned for him, but, why? You could watch him do the simplest thing and never get tired of watching. When you were together, and he wasn't aware, you'd watch his every movement. It was like you were in a trance.

        You never knew the feeling of love nor knew what it felt like to be loved in return. Rumor has it that girls, especially high school girls, tend to fall in love rather easily. You decided to observe this and tailed one girl all day long.

        This girl you followed met up with her boyfriend after school. They two intertwined their fingers with one another and left the school grounds. He took her to a small fast food restaurant where they ordered a chocolate shake and shared the cup using two straws. Their eyes never left one anothers and she had the same smile on her face all day. After their date, they walked through the park, holding hands, and, every once and awhile, leaned in for a kiss. Then they'd share their "I love you" and repeat the process.

         You watched them for the next three days when suddenly he approached her. He took her by the hands and pulled her aside. The boy told her he just didn't feel the same and that they should break up. She was heartbroken and left school early that day. He seemed fine, like he didn't even care. Did he even care for her in the first place? A few days later, after she returned, she was seen with yet another boy and claimed she loved him.

        Even after observing, some people would call it stalking, you still didn't quite understand what love felt like.

When he, Deidara, helped you up early that day, you felt a spark of electricity pass through your hand. You didn't really want to release his hand. You wanted to hold it tight and never let go.

You let out a small sigh and pushed your feelings into the back of your mind and focused on the stars before you.

Deidara was in the same situation, trying to sort out his feelings. Unlike you, he couldn't simply push his feelings to the back of his mind. He watched you watch the stars. The stars reflected in your (e/c) and the moon shone on your (h/l) (h/c) hair. It was something you see in your dreams.

He wanted to hear you speak. "Hey..."

"Hmmm?"

"Tell me something... about the stars," he said.

You thought for a moment. "All the shadows of clouds the sun cannot hide like the moon cannot stop oceanic tide; but a hidden star can be smiling at night's black spellon darkness, beguiling." (Munia Khan)

Deidara merely hummed in response. When you looked at him, he had a soft smile on his face with his eyes closed.

"Why don't YOU tell ME something about the stars," you suggested.

Deidara thought for a long while before something came to his mind. "I think we are both the same star in the beginning of the universe and as the star exploded, we drew apart. Our atoms merging into two different bodies, but over time out atoms found a way and found each other again."

"Impressive. You actually know something!" you teased.

"Hey! I'm smart!" Deidara grinned. "I used to be the top of my class in middle school."

"Oh, did you now?" you giggled.

Deidara's hand brushed against something soft. He looked down to see a blue flower. He plucked the flower from the ground. "Here." he handed it to you.

You gently took the flower from his hand as if it was made of glass. "Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven, blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels."

Deidara reached over and took the flower from your hand. You went to protest until he leaned over and put the flower in your hair. "There." he smiled at you as your face turned a million shades of red. You were grateful for the night.

"T-thanks." you smiled softly at him

You lay on your back and stared straight up into the sky. Slowly you felt yourself drift off into sleep.

When Deidara went to tell you it was probably time to go, he noticed you had fallen asleep. He sighed and quietly stood up. Somehow he managed to get the blanket out from beneath you without waking you. He folded the blanket and stuffed into the backpack. Next, he took out a snickers bar and ate it. He hadn't realized he was so hungry until he had taken a bite out of the candy bar. Finally he, by some miracle, lifted you onto his back, grabbed the backpack, and began his quest back to town.

About halfway there, you woke up from your slumber. The first thing you noticed was that the world was moving and you were not on the ground. The next thing you noticed was the blonde hair.

"Deidara?" you put your hands on his shoulders and lifted yourself up.

"Morning." he said. It was technically morning, being two in the morning.

"Uh. Morning." you grumbled.

"About time you woke up." he said as he stopped to let you down.

"Wait. Don't put me down." you said, laying your head on his shoulder and wrapping your arms around his neck. A smile found its way onto your face.

"O-Okay..." he continued walking, face as red as a fire truck. His heart continued to pound in his chest and the blush remained on his face, all the way to the city.

It was silent all the way back to town and all the way back to the hotel. The entire time you enjoyed being in his presence. You enjoyed being this close to him.

"Is that what it feels like to have friends?" you thought to yourself with a smile.

"Hey. Do you have the keys?" he asked. When you lifted your hand from his shoulder you noticed he was standing in front of the door that led to the room you rented.

"Yeah." You slid off his back and reached into your back pocket. You held your hand out for him to take it. Deidara grabbed the keys from your hand, his fingers lingering a little longer than necessary on the palm of your hand before he unlocked the door.

You and he walked into the room and collapsed on your assigned beds. You crawled beneath the blankets and turned your lamplight out. "Good night Deidara."

He did the same and turned his light out. "Good night.. (Y/n)." and he was out a split second later.