2

Friday afternoon rolled around rather quickly for you, but the day itself was agonizingly slow. On Friday’s you would go to your usual spot, which is on the outskirts of town in a large field away from the city, and stargaze. You lived alone in an apartment a couple blocks from the school. During the week you’d work at the small bakery down the street and after work, on Friday’s, you left the bakery and headed straight for the field. The best part was, you could stay out as long as you wanted to.

        From your seat in the classroom, you looked out at the clear blue sky. You longed to be like the stars in the night sky, for they are free to do as they pleased. They sat in the night sky, twinkling, lighting a path with the help of the moonlight.

"Has anyone seen Deidara?" Your teachers loud announcement interrupted your thoughts.

"Deidara...." You remembered meeting him last night after he got kicked out of his house in the dead of night.

"Probably skipping class again," one of the students answered.

        "Yeah. Him and his other gang members, The Akatsuki" another chimed in. You mentally scowled at your classmates. The gang was just highly misunderstood people who only caused trouble to get attention.

You turned your attention back to the sky, ignoring everyone else around you.

~Timeskip~

        The bell finally rang and you stood from your seat.. Students rushed out of the classroom to go meet with their friends and their partners. Not wanting to be caught in the crowd you went out the back door. You heard laughter as you stepped onto the pavement. You turned to see a group of students huddled together.

        You didn’t notice another one come up behind you. “Oh? What do we have here?” an arm slung around your shoulder. He was known for getting into fights with other guys and taking a girls innocence.

        “Oh!” something suddenly dawned on you. “You guys are that group the Akatsuki.” the entire group turned to you.

"Ya? What of it?" Hidan asked.

        The akatsuki are the most feared gang around. No one dared speak bad of them unless they had a wish list. It was rumored that one of the members, Hidan, was usually hired to beat people up. Right now, as they stared at you with looks of annoyance,

"What?" you were confused as to why they were looking at you the way they were

"You're not scared of us?" Hidan raised a silver eyebrow.

"Should I be scared?" You replied as the group sighed. “Would you release me now?”

"Why should I?" Hidan's smug smirk returned.

"It's not that I'm scared, I have more important things to do," you said.

The orange haired man with many piercings on his face nodded at Hidan. He reluctantly let you go.

        “Thank you.” you walked past them wanting to just go to your field and star gaze but something, or rather someone, made you slow down.

"Sorry I'm so late!" You heard an oh so familiar voice. You listened to their conversation

"Do you have the stuff?" One of them asked

"Yeah yeah," the familiar voice said.

“Why the hell do we need all this stuff?” Hidan grumbled.

“Meet Konan and I tonight at the store downtown.” You then heard their footsteps walk away.

        “Looks like I’m not going stargazing until later,” you thought with a sigh and headed home to change into something more comfortable.