5

Later that night, you and Deidara left the hotel room. It was still light outside and Deidara asked why the two of you were leaving so early.

"It's going to be a rather long walk." you replied as you lifted the bag that had the blanket and snacks over your shoulder.

At first, Deidara complained about it, but you simply ignored him and walked through the streets of the crowded town. After a while, he just stopped complaining and went quiet. You had to check, several times, to see if he was still with you.

"Is something bothering you?" you asked.

"Not really." he shrugged. You stopped, turned around, and stared at him. "W-what?"

"You're lying." you said.

"Huh?"

"You may say nothing is wrong but your eyes says otherwise." you said. "But it's not my business. You can tell me if you want." You turned back around and continued walking.

By the time you actually left the city limits, it began to get dark. You continued walking as if it was nothing while Deidara struggled to keep up with you. You glanced behind only to see Deidara sitting on the ground.

"What are you doing?" you asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Resting." he answered. "How can you walk so much without getting tired?"

You shrugged and sat beside him. "We only have a little ways to go. Not far really."

"Why so far out from the city?"

"The further you are from the city lights, the more stars you see." you told him.

"Why do you like the stars so much?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?" you smiled. "I like the stars. It's the illusion of permanence. I think, I mean they're always flaring up and caving in and going out. But from here I can pretend... pretend that things last. I can pretend that lives last longer than moments. Gods come and God's go. Mortals flicker and flash and fade. World's don't last; and stars and galaxies are transient, fleeting things that twinkle like fireflies and vanish into cold and dust. But I can pretend..." (Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol, 7: Brief Lives)

Deidara stood up and offered you a hand. "Come on. We still have a little way's to go right?"

You smiled at him and slipped your hand into his, allowing him to pull you to your feet. In that moment, you felt that he began to change. You felt like he was beginning to see what was right from wrong. The only way to find out was to go home.

~Timeskip~

After another half hour of walking, you finally arrived at your favorite spot. It was literally in the middle of nowhere. Away from the city and it's light. All there was was a large field of green grass and flowers.

You took out the blanket from your bag and spread it out on the grass and took a seat. Deidara sat down beside you and let out a blissful sigh.

"My feet are killing me," he groaned.

"You'll be fine," you reassured him.

"That's what you think." he grumbled. "And we gotta walk all the way back."

Your eyes found their way to the night sky. "Its the first star of the night. Make a wish."

"You wish on a star?" he asked.

"Yes."

You closed your eyes and made your wish.  "Are you going to wish on the star?"

"Should I?"

"Yes."

"Okay then. Umm I wish--" "That's not how you do it!" you interrupted.

"Then how do I do it?" he snapped.

"Repeat after me: Starlight starbright first star I see tonight, wish I may, wish I might have the wish I wish tonight."

Deidara felt his face heat up. "No way." he grumbled.

"Hey Deidara. Do you have a partner?" you asked him. It was honestly out of pure curiosity.

"Partner?"

"Ya know, like a significant other, girlfriend." you said.

"Oh. No."

"Why?"

Deidara shrugged his shoulders and leaned back to stare at the beautiful night sky. "What about you? Don't you have a boyfriend? It's not like you're ugly or anything."

"I don't know honestly." you sighed. "It'd be nice to have someone who accepts me for me and to watch the stars with me."

"Ya know how you asked if something was bothering me..?"

"Yeah."

"I was going to keep it bottle inside me but I want to tell someone. So I'll tell you." Deidara paused waiting for you to say something; you didn't so he continued. "I'm scared. I'm scared my father is going to kick me out of the house. I don't want to live out on the streets. I'm scared that no one will accept me as I am. That's why I joined them, the Akatsuki. They accepted me."

"They are not your friends." you turned to him. "No. They are using you to do their dirty work. Rumor said that you have to do something to officially join them. Do you know what that is?"

Deidara shook his head.

"For one to officially join the Akatsuki, you must abandon those you love. Your family and those you love. You don't want to abandon your family do you?"

"No," he said.

"Stop trying to be less of who you are. Let this time in your life cut you open and drain all of the things that are holding you back," (Jennifer Elisabeth, Born ready: Unleash your dinner dream girl).

And with that said, Deidara felt the need to let out everything he had been holding back. So he basically told you everything.

"What are you going to do when we go back home?"

"I don't know." He said. "I'll cross that bridge when I get there."

After spilling out his thoughts and feelings, Deidara felt like a brand new person. The weight on his shoulder had been lifted and he couldn't be more thankful.

He glanced sideways at you. You were staring at the stars with a smile on your face and he couldn't seem to look why. His heart began to pound in his chest. So much he felt like it would just jump from his chest at any moment. His face felt like it was on fire. Why was he reacting this way? What was the strange feeling developing inside him?

Well, whatever it was, he kinda liked it.