Chapter 12

Lindsay woke with her limbs entwined with Nick's. His stubble multiplied over night. She couldn't stop herself from trailing her fingers over his cheek. His eyes fluttered and his hand lifted to push at her.

She smiled and leaned in to kiss his forehead. He relaxed again and she watched him while she wondered what to do. Get out of bed and make coffee? Brush her teeth and jump him?

His arms tightened around her. "I can hear you thinking."

She wiggled closer. "You can hear me thinking? How's that?" She nuzzled the top of her head to the underside of his chin, her hair catching in his stubble.

"You act different. A little tense, a little quiet. Your feet tap or in this case wiggle." He squeezed her. "I like when you are in my arms. What were you thinking about? Running away?"

He was teasing, partially. She wasn't sure if she should dig into the tension. She wanted to run and he knew it. But bringing it up would ruin an otherwise perfect morning. "I was debating the merits of coffee versus brushing my teeth."

"Those both sound like great options." His stomach rumbled.

"I guess that ends the debate. We should have coffee and eat."

"It's jealous because it didn't receive much attention last night." He rubbed against her as if to illustrate which part of him got attention. And wanted more by the feel.

"Seems as if another part wants my attention." She reached between them and rubbed him through his briefs.

"You keep doing that and it will be a long while before you have coffee."

"And if I want to wait?"

Nick brushed her hair to the side and sank his teeth into her shoulder. "I can arrange that. I have an idea." He sat up. "Stay there."

Lindsay traced his movements with her eyes. He went to his closet and dug around inside. He returned to the bed with a long piece of fabric in his hands. "Take off your shirt for me sugar."

"What are you doing?" She grabbed the hem of the shirt. Was she ready to expose herself in the light of day?

"Take it off Lindsay." He bared his teeth.

She scrambled to her knees and pulled the shirt off. She held it against her chest.

Nick put one knee on the bed and tugged it out of her hands. "You can't hide from me. Are you ready to let me take charge this morning?"

"I'll try."

"I have ways to keep you in line. Put your wrists together."

She clasped her hands. He wrapped the tie from his robe around her wrists. He secured it with a knot then pulled her hands up with the makeshift restraint. "Hey there sugar lips. How are you doing?"

"Okay. Good. Nervous."

"I promise you will like everything I do to you. If you don't, you know what to say."

Lindsay nodded as his mouth brushed over hers. "I know: red," she whispered against his lips.

"Good girl." He kissed her deeply but briefly. "I want you to lie down on your back. I am going to tie you to my headboard."

She glanced at the top of his bed. It was made for tying someone up. Did he buy it with bondage in mind?

"Now sugar; I only have all morning." He winked at her, but there was an edge to his voice.

She eased herself to her back. Nick tied the ends to the headboard. She tugged the restraint. "Don't pull too hard, I didn't tie you securely. I don't want to cut my clothing. I'll add restraints to my shopping list."