3

When Sung-kyung excuses herself to go to the bathroom once I've calmed down, I quickly get changed into the clean clothes I found in a bag by the bed and nonchalantly make my way towards the hospital's exit, knowing that the more I appear normal, the better my chances at making it out without being stopped by one of the nurses.

I also don't have a lot of time before Sung-kyung finds out that I fled and she's going to snap my head off my body if she finds me, so I don't have time to spare, my life is on the line.

My life, but also my mental sanity.

Of all places to meet a soulmate, it has to be at the hospital, the only place where meeting one feels worse than being in prison because if I'm here, it's because I'm hurt, yet being in their presence feels excruciatingly painful, which means that the one supposed to help me get better is the one making me feel worse. Not ideal.

Just how many of them is there? Why are they everywhere? Do they rule the world and I'm just not aware of it?

If so, where am I going to meet the next ones if there is any more to meet? I need a warning, I need someone to send me the time, date, location, the setting, the weather, everything. I need to be ready so I can avoid the meeting.

I make it out of the building without incident and start making my way as far away as possible. The further I am from the hospital, the better my chances of survival. These soulmates are going to cause my death one day and I'm not excited to see that happen. I'd rather be eaten alive by a dog.

I sigh at my pitiful life. It would have been easier if I had only one soulmate, I could avoid them easily, but then I'd feel bad for keeping from them their only chance of connecting with a soulmate. I guess if it had been only Jimin and Hoseok, I could've tolerated it, not being part of their lives.

This whole day sucks. I just want to go home and stay locked in there until the world ends, but it's obviously not something the world seems ready to allow to happen for me. It's very intent on making me miserable.

I cross the street at a green light and notice an empty park where there are swings, a very calm green area that feels like the perfect place to take a break, my body needing it because I'm just about to start crawling on the ground.

Someone's going to find me anyway, there's no way I'm making it far for too long, might as well just take a moment to clear my mind properly.

I head to one of the swings and sit on it before letting the wind move me slightly, my feet unable to touch the sand from how high they are.

I look up at the sky and inhale deeply. How do I deal with this situation?

My doctor is my soulmate. Can I work my way around that? Can I ask for someone else to care for me? Can I go to another hospital? Can I just stay home in bed and take care of myself? Can that be allowed? Bo-young is a healer, she could take care of me.

I sigh. Who am I kidding? Like they'd ever permit that. I'm doomed, I really am.

My phone rings again and I look down to see Sung-kyung's name on the screen. I shove it back in my pocket and hum to myself, mind wondering how she might scold me.

Maybe I'm in for a good ass whooping this time. It doesn't matter if I saved her life, causing her anxiety is a good way to get on her bad side and I seem to be doing that a lot today.

I grab my phone again and unlock it to look at the news, finding nearly everything to be about the explosion and when I read some of them, they all praise the unknown savior who used their magic to save everyone at the mall.

Some comments here and there saying that I still hurt a lot of people, but when I see a reply kindly asking them to go fuck themselves, that I saved more souls than he'll ever take dumps in his short pitiful life, I let out a loud laugh that scares away some birds, something I pay no mind to because it feels good to laugh even if only a little.