9

Jungkook's POV

My magic freezes around me, mid-way reaching out to her as shock courses through me.

Soulmate? Did I hear that right?

It all happens so fast, getting up because a bad feeling won't stop gnawing at me, I'd meant to open the door, get a quick look to reassure myself before leaving just as fast, but watching Y/N fall down and lose consciousness in her own blood and tears on the floor provokes a clear panic to wash over me even though I barely know her.

I rush and kneel by her side, the sight of her shaking collar against her skin a terrifying thing and I'm not the only one thinking that way when I turn to see Bo-young cry as she tries to explain the situation on the phone, her eyes fixated on Y/N, fear clear as day in her body language.

It's obvious that this isn't a normal occurrence, and from what I know of collars, from what little Taehyung would tell me of his own experience with one because he doesn't want me to worry, this isn't supposed to be a thing.

I turn back to Y/N, heavy pearls of sweat on her skin as her breathing turns harsh and uneven, I can feel so much heat radiating from her and it almost looks like her elements are trying to seep through anyway they can, going as far as fighting against the collar with all of their energy, I never knew this could happen.

She didn't look good when I first arrived, her face looking exhausted like she's in permanent pain, I could tell right away who she was, there was that feeling within me that the Y/N in front of me was the source of the chaos happening within my soulmate group and suddenly, all of their worries felt more than justified because a simple look at her and I could tell that something was wrong, but this?

This is nothing like what I had imagined. My magic hovers around her in worry, wishing it could help, but my power isn't healing, what could I possibly do with illusions in that sort of setting?

It's scary, it looks like I'm watching her die and my soul is repulsed by the thought of it, magic squeezing around me, hands going to grab her shoulders in an attempt to keep her still, barely registering as people start gossiping from the doorway, no one knowing what to do right now, they just want to see shit happen live.

"If you don't intend to help, get the fuck out of here!" I growl out, surprising even myself but I can't help it, what the heck are they doing here if they're just watching?! This isn't a show! She's hurting!

My outburst seems to shock a few of them into action when they enter the room but the rest otherwise heads back to the office, knowing that not all of us could fit in this small room, nor would it serve her.

A towel is taken out of a cupboard to rest under her head to protect her skull from hitting the floor as she keeps shaking, another person getting a wet clothe to her burning skin, but it's like blowing air on a burning tree, it doesn't do shit, her temperature is too high.

I rub a hand up and down her back to try to soothe her, not knowing what else to do, all of me wanting to call Namjoon right away, I probably should, except my phone is on my desk and I can't bear the thought of leaving her behind, not with one word spinning in my mind over and over again.

Soulmate. That would explain so much.

Do they already know? Do my hyungs already know of who she is? All of their concern about her, the way they can't stop talking about her, it seems obvious now, so much that I can't believe it never crossed my mind to begin with.

"Her collar looks like it's going to burst" I let out when the shaking grows even more intense, it's terrifying me because what happens if it breaks?

I never thought a collar could snap, but clearly, Y/N's magic is no joke because it's exactly what's about to happen and it's not good for her, the way it's happening, her magic is hurting her badly.